• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Seeking co-writer for gothic fantasy game

Nekharoth

Hi all,

I have joined the Mythic Scribes forum in the hope of finding someone to collaborate with as a co-writer on an in-production gothic fantasy RPG-style video game. This role would involve aspects of story writing, character development, copywriting for online and in-game, as well as content planning and writing.

My own role in the project is as Creative Lead and while there is already a considerable amount of written material for the game, my time is getting stretched a little too thinly between the visual and written aspects of the game. Having someone to help take ownership of the written side of things would be invaluable!

Although the project is already well underway and our fantasy world is in a relatively advanced stage of development, I sincerely believe that there are still vast opportunities for new ideas and creative solutions to emerge and feature prominently in the game.

Much of the existing written content has been developed over many years – in fact, dating back to 2002, which considerably precedes the commencement of actual development. This means that there are tons of ideas floating around and there has been more than enough material for us to create a strong visual style for the game. There is however, a glaring need for someone with strong storytelling abilities to help bind all of this together into a compelling and coherent narrative.

We have not yet made an official announcement for the game, hence I am not able to include comprehensive information about the it in this thread. However, we have a comprehensive wealth of existing written material, high quality concept art, in-game screenshots and even music that I will be happy to share directly with interested individuals.

But – to give a bit of sense and flavour of the style of the game, think: Angels, fallen angels, tyrannical sun-gods, fiery demons with tentacles that use corpses as puppets, the remnants of an ancient and supremely technologically advanced civilisation, terrifying demonic beings created from the destruction of an entire star, magic that involves particle physics and more! :)

While we are not operating with a big budget, there is no expectation that work would be done for free! We currently engage a number of contractors on a contract/piece work basis, and would be more than happy to discuss appropriate compensation with a suitable candidate. We may also be open to considering a partner share agreement.

While it would be perfect to find someone who is based locally in Sydney, Australia – but this is by no means required.

Thanks for your time, and I look forward to hearing from you via PM if this project is of interest.

Xanados

Maester
Nekharoth, this project is the absolute definition of what I wanted to find myself working for.
Please bare with me. I will write you a long PM.

I can't say much else here. I'll PM you straight away!

Edit:

Here is a shortened version of the message I will be sending you.

Hello, Nekharoth. I am writing to inform you that I am extremely interested in your project, and the opportunity of being a co-writer on such an original intellectual property. Please understand that I am writing to you with some haste as I am very intrigued by what you have stated in your post.
As this is only really an introductory message, I shan't delve in to the many aspects of why I could be capable of being in such a position. I implore you to read the text below, wherein I detail my experience in games artistry and other related interests.

Experience:

Prior to being a writer, I was involved in many artistic aspects of game development. I was a 3D artist for five years. I have been also been involved in many online communities including Game Dev and Polycount. I was mentioned on a podcast called "Games Industry Mentor", where I was praised for my work at the age of 15. Over the years I have had the pleasure of teaching myself many software packages such as 3DSMAX, Maya and Zbrush. I also have worked with game engines such as the Unreal Development Kit, too. I also have studied a fair bit of animation. I have a fairly popular Youtube account that hosts many of my 3D Art tutorials.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-1b6UPa6DRo&list=UU6OvptK3PgDykEmY5WQdqdg&index=25&feature=plcp

As you can see, I have delved in to many of the different artistic aspects of game development.

Last edited: