• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Self-pub basics guide?

Svrtnsse

Staff
Article Team
Ahoy folks.

I just got this message from a friend this morning:
A friend's kid (like 6 years old) wrote a tiny book (like 5 pages) and wants to learn how to ePublish it. Can you by any chance point me to a super simple / easy for a kid to do tutorial of how to ePUB a little book?

I think the point here isn't to sell or market the thing. The kid (or the kid's parents) just wants the book to be available on-line. Possibly they'll want to sell it to grand-parents or relatives or something - I really don't know.

I did a quick search and found this guide: Amazon Kindle Direct Publishing: Get help with self-publishing your book to Amazon's Kindle Store
It seems like that's about as basic as it gets, but if anyone has any other suggestions, please let me know.

skip.knox

toujours gai, archie
My very first "published" book was through Lulu. It was an account of our trip to Europe, intended only for friends and family. The most difficult part was getting the pixel size right for the cover.

Clifford cope

I self published through Authorhouse. Great looking book, well made. Editor was kinda ok and costy and not very helpful on a advisor bit. Din expect to get rich. and was happy at just getting published. Now need to write a few more "That are marketable"