1. Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us.

Shameless Self-Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Flemming Hansen, Jul 13, 2012.

1. Svrtnsse

Svrtnsse Staff Article Team

Kick Ass! :D

2. ThinkerX

ThinkerX Myth Weaver

good for you!

3. Ned Marcus

Ned Marcus Sage

Congratulations!

4. Demesnedenoir

Demesnedenoir Istar

The Booklife Review (the Publishers Weekly folks) for Eve of Snows is in for Christmas... ego inflation for the holidays:

Gripping action scenes, evocative writing, and steady story momentum make the pages fly. The shadows bring a genuine chill with every appearance. The mystery surrounding the banished gods sparks curiosity, and Rice draws a fine line between feral magic and answered prayers. The plot is marked with plenty of surprising twists as Eliles and Ivin confront shadows and the conspiracy within Istinjoln. There is a solid conclusion, but Rice leaves enough unanswered questions and ambiguity to have readers theorizing possibilities and itching for the next installment. This extremely impressive series launch is guaranteed to earn diehard fans.

Takeaway: The high-stakes plot, fast pacing, and convincing characters will hook epic fantasy readers on this impressive debut.

Great for fans of George R.R. Martin’s A Song of Ice and Fire series, R. Scott Bakker’s Prince of Nothing series.

Full Review is here: Eve of Snows: Sundering the Gods Book One by Lee Rice | BookLife

My takeaway: This review has the best synopsis of the plot I’ve scene and you can tell the reviewer was paying serious attention.

Ned Marcus and A. E. Lowan like this.
  5. Ned Marcus

Ned Marcus Sage

Blue Prometheus is in Kobo's 'Trending Now in Science Fiction and Fantasy' list. And number 14 in the bookstore for the same category.

A first for me!

6. Demesnedenoir

Demesnedenoir Istar

Oh damn... I just noticed yesterday that the Booklife Review for Eve of Snows is tagged with a little lightning bolt... and just now discovered this means an "Editor's Pick" for "superlative books". The review was killer, but now I'm even more stoked!

I should say hot lightning damn... as of today EoS is in the finals of the Epic Fantasy Fanatics Readers Choice Awards with the winner announced tomorrow. Four good books remains, so win or not, it's all good!

7. A. E. Lowan

A. E. Lowan Forum Mom Leadership

That's wonderful! So happy to hear it!

Demesnedenoir likes this.
  8. Demesnedenoir

Demesnedenoir Istar

It’s always good when something goes right, heh heh.

9. skip.knox

skip.knox toujours gai, archie Moderator

Congratulations, mate!

10. ThinkerX

ThinkerX Myth Weaver

Congrats! That reminds me, I'll have to add book II to the pile...keep plugging away.

11. Demesnedenoir

Demesnedenoir Istar

Well, now it just got crazier... Eve of Snows may now officially wear the tag “Winner of the 2019 Epic Fantasy Fanatics Readers Choice Awards.”

Pestering readers to get the book nominated paid off! LOL.

Prince of Spires likes this.
  12. Pemry Janes

Pemry Janes Sage

I finally got my second book published. Very proud of that.

13. Prince of Spires

Prince of Spires Inkling

Passed the 50k mark for the first time today. Woot! Of course, there's still at least 15k words left to write. But it's now officially novel size!

A. E. Lowan, Malik and Demesnedenoir like this.
  14. Malik

Malik Auror

Landed another international Bookbub last week. Dragon's Trail was #1 in Kindle Epic Fantasy in Australia for 3 days. That was nice.

It came out 3 1/2 years ago. I reiterate: "30 Day Cliff, my ass."
    DT 1 AUS 2020 A.jpg

DT 1 AUS 2020 B.jpg

Svrtnsse, A. E. Lowan and skip.knox like this.
  15. Demesnedenoir

Demesnedenoir Istar

Cool, however the 30-day cliff theory involved Amazon algorithms, not bookbub promos ;)

16. A. E. Lowan

That is so awesome! We love these books.

Malik likes this.
  17. A. E. Lowan

Wrote three chapters in three days after a long dry spell.

18. ThinkerX

ThinkerX Myth Weaver

Good for you!

The dry spell with my rewrite lasted most of the winter. Part other projects, part utter lack of motivation. But key elements have been clicking into place...maybe by May sometime....then on to 'Chimera'....

19. Demesnedenoir

Demesnedenoir Istar

Eve of Snows, now a Bronze Medalist at the IPPY Awards... stumbled on that on their website, the award packets haven’t gone out yet! It’s a broad Fantasy category, and it looks like it’s the top Epic Fantasy. So, two for two for at least medaling in contests so far, LOL.

A. E. Lowan, Svrtnsse and skip.knox like this.
  20. skip.knox

skip.knox toujours gai, archie Moderator

Well done, young Jedi.