• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Short story writer looking to improve and share stories

babarupa

Acolyte
I've been writing some short stories during this last half a year or so, taking the hobby up again around ten years or so since last time.
The goal is to write and self publish a collection of short stories, which will hopefully happen within a year. Five to six stories are to be included and four of them are already kind of finished but perhaps in need of polishing. Mostly, they are low fantasy fairytales about various animals, most of whom you'd be able to find in northern european forests but some of whom don't exist at all.
Would be glad to hear what people think and perhaps some inspiration to write more often. If you need someone to comment on your texts, just let me know and we should be able to have an exchange!
Cheers

That's great, mate. I've been writing short stories this year as well. Even though the end goal is ultimately always a mature novel, I find that short stories are a must if one desires to write. Keep on writing, man.
P. S. I hope you are not too hard on yourself, your stories might be predictable or so to you. That's only because you've read it like a billion time. For a new set of eyes, I'm certain it'll be great.

Ned Marcus

Maester
Welcome to the forums. I think the idea of writing short stories to begin with is good. It means you can try many different ideas in a much shorter time than it would take to write a novel. For some reason, this never occurred to me. I began with novels, which may not have been the best way. I came to short stories later.