• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Skyrim Mods!

I'm addicted to Skyrim mods. Whenever I see something that looks remotely cool, I download it. My latest acquisition is Hawke's armor from Dragon Age 2, which I use on my Illusion Assassin.

I have 184 mods total.

In my opinion, it makes the game even more interesting and fun. Improved HD textures are also quite fun.

What mods do my fellow forum members love, and how many do you have?

Mindfire

Istar
184? :eek:

Um, okay then. I dont have that many. I'm trying to keep the number low so I don't mess my game up. I generally stick to lore-friendly stuff.

My mods are mostly lore friendly, except some armor mods, which could pass as being lore friendly. Examples of mods I have are improved textures for snow, ice, and grass, new looks for the Nightingale and Dark Brotherhood armors, raptor feet for Argonians, more snow, darker nights, stealth overhaul, unofficial patches and soundtrack, cloaks, custom sigils, weapon variants and new types of weapons, and other such things.

Mindfire

Istar
o_O Playing Skyrim is stretching my laptop's capabilities as it is. Maybe when I get enough money to buy a more powerful one I'll start thinking about high-res textures. xD

I'm with you in can't afford the processing for high-res, but I am also with the OP in that mods are freaking awesome! :) And many of them don't stretch the game's performance much at all.

Actually, Skyrim contributed in killing my last laptop, so I'm currently as upgraded as my computer will be for a few years -_-

I have subscribed to the following mods:

Run For Your Lives
Legendary Creatures
Skyrim Leveled Items can level up Unique upgrade balancd
Hobbit Hole
Unread Books Glow
Improved Skill Books
Stones of Barenziah Quest Markers
Spends Dragon Souls For Perks
Dragonlord Castle 2.4
The Cartographers Map Markers
Helgen Starting Kit
Improved Blacksmithing!
Quest: And the Realms of Daedra
Quest: No Mercy
Quest: The Bigger They Are
Quest: Sea of Ghosts -Ultimate Edition-
Dwemer Armory
Better Pickpocketing
Vagabond Armor
Warchief Armor

Wow, I thought I had more. I could have sworn I had an expanded skill tree or two--maybe they've canceled those mods? :( I actually haven't gotten a chance to play in months. I miss it, it's my favorite game, but just too busy working four jobs -_-

You should check out Live Another Life. It's an alternate start mod. You create your character, choose your starting area, and you're playing. It gives you a separate quest-line to acquire the main quest whenever you feel like it.

I enjoy it because the Helgen sequence is long, and I don't like having to go all the way to Whiterun before I feel like I can start exploring.