• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

So.. Hi!

Taytortots

Minstrel
Hey Everyone,
I just joined today and thought I'd jump over to this forum and introduce myself.
I'm Taylor, I'm 19 from South Ontario, Canada. I spend most of my time writing, right now it's a book titled The Shadow World (A working title only!) I'm terrible at titles. It's about this young Warlock, whose 17, and in the beginning she had just finished school at "The Warlock Mansion" when she is suddenly made High Warlock, and thrown into a war that is brewing. The first book, the one I'm on now, is her attempting to unite with the feuding Shadow Creatures so that can take on an evil force bent on taking over the world. Yeah, well, that's a rushed summery. Should I even be talking about my novel? *shrugs*
I'll be going to University in September for Social Work, but right now I'm studying Liberal Arts online. I like to learn a lot and after taking a glace I think there's a lot offered here. So, as I'm sure you can tell I'm not good at introductions or speaking about myself, but I hope to get to know some of you, and yeah, that's it. Scurry along now. :D

Taytortots

Minstrel
Yes! Titles for me are so difficult. Everybody comes up with clever titles that not only sounds good but means something, and here I am, with a sad working title that I can't seem to change. It's nice to meet someone who also struggles with title battles.
Sign a copy? Yes. :D To anyone who wants one, but you asked first so yours is first, though I can't promise it will be neat.

Last edited:

fleamailman

Closed Account
("...welcome human, if I may be so bold as to call you one now..." mentioned the goblin, wondering if the humans had noticed the full potential of forumland here over that other bookworld there, continuing "...I mean forum readership is the growing one of the two is it not, moreover, any writer who can see that his posts are but a foretaste of what the reader can expect of him later, can use this forumland then as a taste of their book perhaps...", but the goblin wasn't selling something here, merely pointing out that the old idea of these writer's forums as being somehow some sort of workshop for unread books was outdated and passed by the facts on the ground now, which were that their readers were increasing here it seemed, their day didn't have the time for lots of book reading and that they want their own voice to comment directly, so the goblin put it at its simplest, saying "...by the time you have got even one person to read the first line of your book, just think of how many more will have read these posts here, so now, take another look at your posts for they are as your ambassadors here, just you to your reader...", and with that the goblin rolled out the red carpet once more and beckoned Taytortots hither, saying "...walk with me awhile, it's been so long since I've met a real writer now...")

Last edited: