• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Tada!

Sioranth

Dreamer
Ok, well, not really, but hello! I just joined up this morning as I'm hoping to connect with other fantasy writers/readers, possibly share some work, hopefully get some feedback at some point (I still need to develop a thicker skin).

I have a self-published poetry anthology and a fantasy novelette floating around online, and I'm "working on my novel" (who isn't? lol), two of them actually (one supernatural YA and one fantasy/adventure/romance).

I am terrible at these introduction posts but I'm great at answering questions or just waving hello from the pretty flower-patterned wallpaper over here. :D *waves*

Svrtnsse

Staff
Article Team
Hello and welcome to Mythic Scribes.

I'm convinced if you just hang around, even for a bit, you'll connect with more fantasy writers and readers than you can shake a stick at. There's loads of us here.
Best thing to do is to just dive in there. Ask a question, answer someone else's question, provide some insights or just share your own experiences from your own writing. I know sharing what you've written can be difficult, but there really isn't a better way to get that thicker skin growing than to have someone read those words you've been pouring over. It may sting a bit, but it will get better. :)

Again, very welcome. I hope you'll enjoy it here.

CupofJoe

Myth Weaver
Hail and well met Sioranth
This is a great place to learn and share.
Ignore all the tales about the beer and the stew.
The ones about the dragon out-back are all true.

Sioranth

Dreamer
*slowly pushes away the tankard and bowl*

I apparently have a lot of rumor-mongering to catch up on around here before I get myself into trouble. :) Thanks for the warm welcomes! Hopefully, I'll have more time to explore the forums in depth later today. I'm supposed to be "working" or some such nonsense right now.

Phietadix

Auror
Hail and well met Sioranth
This is a great place to learn and share.
Ignore all the tales about the beer and the stew.
The ones about the dragon out-back are all true.

I'm telling you, he was alive before he ate the stew and afterwords . . . he wasn't. Plus something definately moved in that beer, unless a mage was tricking me.

Anyway, welcome to the Scribes! Don't worry the tea is perfectly fine. All you need to do now is pay the spider ten cookies and you'll be good to go.

GeekDavid

Auror
Welcome! I see you've been warned about the beer, stew, and the dragon out back, so I'll just say hi!

Oh, keep an eye out for wild chats. They happen almost every evening, but aren't always publicly visible, so if you see an invite on the bottom of your screen, don't be scared.

Ireth

Myth Weaver
Welcome here! One final warning, since nobody's mentioned it yet -- don't sit on the halflings or the cats, they don't like it. XD Oh, and be sure to pay due respect to Steerpike, our Benevolent Feline Overlord. All hail Hypnocat!

Sioranth

Dreamer
Egads, so many things to remember! Maybe I should be taking notes? Or eating more cookies? Cookies sounds like a good option as I've plenty and there's even some red velvet cake over here. Do spiders accept cake in lieu of cookies? Does Steerpike the Benevolent Feline Overlord accept sacrificial pie?

I'm practically the size of a halfling myself (ok ok, that's a wee bit of an exaggeration there) so I think they're probably safe...unless they have cookies or pie or cake. Then all bets are off.

Dragons, cats (overlord and otherwise), halflings, cookie-eating spiders, creepy crawly beer, and who knows what in the stew... Am I missing anything? :D

Sioranth

Dreamer
I love parties! Traditional dobos torte for the holiday though (and cookies and cake and turkey and sausage/cranberry/apple stuffing and...and...and...). Also, alcohol. A lot of alcohol. >.> And A Christmas Story and Emmet Otter's Jug-Band Christmas on a continuous loop for 24 hours straight.

Sioranth

Dreamer
No. Just no. Bad, GeekDavid, bad. At least make it Bob Rivers' Twisted Christmas.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ireth

Myth Weaver
Can't forget the other classic specials too! Frosty the Snowman, Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer, A Charlie Brown Christmas, The Year Without a Santa Claus, Santa Claus is Comin' to Town, and pretty much any version of Dickens' Christmas Carol. Disney has a good one with Scrooge McDuck (of course), and also there's the Muppets!

Sioranth

Dreamer
Charlie Brown Christmas is one of my favorites but the 25th is reserved for A Christmas Story. All. Day. Long. It's kind of a running joke in my family, especially between me and my uncle. The number of times you hear "Ralphie!" shouted (followed by mad giggling) could make your ears bleed. lol I have been known to walk around singing Snow Miser and Heat Miser though...

Ireth

Myth Weaver
The number of times you hear "Ralphie!" shouted (followed by mad giggling) could make your ears bleed.

Oh gosh, yes. I have to wonder if snyone's tried turning that into a drinking game... and how that worked out for them. XDDD

Spider

Sage
I hope I'm not too late to the party, but...

Cookies sounds like a good option as I've plenty and there's even some red velvet cake over here. Do spiders accept cake in lieu of cookies?

I'll take it all! :D

Welcome to the Scribes, Sioranth. I look forward to chatting with you!

Sioranth

Dreamer
Good thing I brought extra! Thanks for the welcome, Spider. I'm having a lot of fun here so far. :)