• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

The Fantasy Loop

Devor

Fiery Keeper of the Hat
Hey all.

I've got a quick question, but for the moment it's important to me. What are some good ways to keep up with what's going on in the fantasy world? What are some good places to find out what books, games, tv/movies might be coming out, or what's going on with professional authors?

Also, what are some good fantasy blogs or websites out there?

It would be a big help, everyone.

Ankari

Hero Breaker
Gaming Site I often visit are MMORPG.COM and tentonhammer.com. MMORPG.COM is an industry specific website that has a lot of information on it. It also gives you convenient lists like top 10 active and top 10 anticipated games as well as a list of active MMOs and upcoming MMOs.

Tentonhammer is similar to MMORPG.com but is younger. It started as a guild for various MMOs but turned into an online community of MMO news.

Another website I visit often is GUcomics.com. GUcomics.com is a webcomic about anything gaming. He is quite funny and scans much of the gaming news. He takes one story and turns it into a comic. If he is currently playing a game and finds a funny moment in the game, he turns that into a comic. The point being, he usually focuses on gaming news and introduces games that I would never have stumbled upon.

As for blogs, I usually visit all my favorite author's blogs. I have a list of them saved in my favorites toolbar. One that incorporates many elements of SF and Fantasy media (movies, books, games) is Suvudu - Science Fiction and Fantasy Books, Movies, Comics, and Games.

Penpilot suggested the blog Magical Words which I found informative.