• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

The SFWA Want's You!

A. E. Lowan

Forum Mom
Leadership
Or you guys can stop will all the silly handwringing and just go to their website.

Why Join SFWA? | SFWA

Of course there are forums that only members can view. It's basically a professional guild and always has been. Somehow the internet age has given us this idea that all things must be transparent and we must be able to see up everyone else's skirts, because that's how things are, right? No. The SFWA predates the internet by a considerable amount of time, and it shows. These disputes have always happened, as they have always happened with any group or organization that has ever existed, be it professional or casual, religious or secular. But before the internet these disputes happened in letters, in newsletters, and over phone calls. They didn't happen in the public arena that the internet has created.

The SFWA offers some benefits. It's nice to hear that they're considering self-published writers. It's good to have group support at your back. If they're considering it, maybe the other writing guilds will also consider it, because it pays to be a member of more than one.

acapes

Sage
Lol, my hands are aching ;)

Yeah, I checked them out and there's nothing there for me to counteract their negative qualities, but doesn't mean other folks won't wont them useful.