• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

The single candle to light the way.

oyler44

Dreamer
My name is Matt, new to writing as a hobby but I can't get over the intense feeling I get when writing fantasy stories. I have made a few short stories but I am working on my first novel. I will post a rough draft/summary here soon to get some feedback. ANY feedback is welcome and I appreciate anyone willing to share tips on story/character development.

"The darkness might conquer, but it could never extinguish hope, and though one candle, or many, may flicker and die, new candles would be lit from the old. Thus hopes flame always burns, lighting the darkness until the coming of day."

CupofJoe

Myth Weaver
Hello Matt
Welcome to Mythic Scribes.
This is a great place to share and learn.
Leap on in when you have half a mind. Ask questions and help with answers, that is basically what we do here.
Be nice to your serving[girl/boy/halfling/gnoll/zombie] most of them are armed.

SeverinR

Vala
Welcome,
find a topic of discussion and jump in.

Don't forget to tip your wait staff, try not to use gender specific titles, we aren't sure about a couple of them. Not even sure a couple are humanoid.

Please be sure the chair you plan on sitting in, is actually empty of cats and Halflings. Neither are very happy when they are sat on.

Try the stew...if you daring.
Just to warn you, if the Ogre reads some of his work, smile and tell him its great. He doesn't take critism well. Not good for a childrens book author to be seen doing the wishbone move on an elf that told him the truth. I hear he might walk again...in fifty years.

GeekDavid

Auror
Welcome!

In addition to Severin's warnings, one more. Don't complain that it's too cold around here. The dragon out back takes that as an invitation to stick his head in the door and breathe fire. We just got all the burned furniture replaced from the last time that happened.

Sevundas

Scribe
Welcome, Matt! I'm pretty new too, both to these forums and to writing as well.

All that aside...it's rather cold in here. *holds up marshmallows on a stick*

Ah, i fear the cold may be attributed to me, forgive me. And while i am talking, Welcome Matt! I hope you find Mythic Scribes a great resource as will as a fun place to hang out and chat with other writers. Have fun exploring the site :)
The Druid of Winter

Phietadix

Auror
Please be sure the chair you plan on sitting in, is actually empty of cats and Halflings. Neither are very happy when they are sat on.

Better just avoid chairs altogether, I think someone stole mine in one of these intros . . . You can stand right?

Welcome to the forums! I'm sure you'll enjoy it. Just don't say anything against tea, several of us are rather irritable on the subject.