• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Time travel dream idea for story

Rexenm

Inkling
Time dilation means you can move forward in time relative to others if you are travelling at relativistic speeds (more than 50% of the speed of light).

The time travel paradox means that no-one can travel backwards in time or we'd already know about it. The instant anyone did it then everyone throughout history would have access to the whole of time.
If time were a paradox, then it would be a fixed point, thus potential, would survive. Otherwise, one would preclude a beginning and an end - making it a very basic concept. If the end of time, were imminent, then one would perhaps utilise the time paradox, in self interest. Otherwise, the beginning and end, would be attractive, and the paradox, would be unattractive. So you could possibly preclude a story in which you did not previously exist, through the time paradox, but you could not effect existence itself.

pmmg

Myth Weaver
If time were a paradox, then it would be a fixed point, thus potential, would survive. Otherwise, one would preclude a beginning and an end - making it a very basic concept. If the end of time, were imminent, then one would perhaps utilise the time paradox, in self interest. Otherwise, the beginning and end, would be attractive, and the paradox, would be unattractive. So you could possibly preclude a story in which you did not previously exist, through the time paradox, but you could not effect existence itself.
Wouldnt that be a different kind of paradox....

If I exist, and go back and make it so that all existence never happened, could I ever exist to do that ;)

I think the only outcome of that is we would cycle until existence no-longer included someone going back to stop it.

If anyone is interested I am an accredited author and will be having my book released later this year. I do have a 3 chapter sample that will probably blow ur mind. If anyone has questions on time travel DM me. There is no time travel paradox my friends!

pmmg

Myth Weaver
If anyone is interested I am an accredited author and will be having my book released later this year. I do have a 3 chapter sample that will probably blow ur mind. If anyone has questions on time travel DM me. There is no time travel paradox my friends!

Are you trying to claim that in 3 chapters you will show me time travel with no paradox? And the time travel is not simply forward in time?