• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Trilogy Cover Art

Asterisk

Troubadour
Hello everyone! I've been working on cover art for the trilogy I'm writing currently. This set is my newest version. The titles are probably going to change; they are the names of the world each book is set in. What do you think? Anything glaringly wrong that I should change?

Covertt_Book_ONe2.jpg

Shalok_BookTwo_Update.jpg

Asinathia_BookTHree_OneGirl.jpg

Side Note: These aren't going to be used when (or if) my book is published. I'm not planning to self-publish, either. These are for my enjoyment only. I can't wait to make some posters for my room....

shwabadi

Minstrel
I love the second and third ones! :D
The first feels a little plain compared to them but still quite nice. I'd say brighten the colours a little and you're good to go :)

Spider

Sage
I like it. :) I agree with shwabadi that the first cover could use a bit more color. Also, it would be cool if the phrases under each title were coordinated in some way. For example, on the first cover, "One Girl, One Challenge, One Secret World" is basically a character, obstacle, and setting. If you were to incorporate that theme into each of the covers, it might be more reinforced.

Ravana

Istar
Well, on the one hand, if you have no intention of using them, then, really, what's to say? :D

Apart from that, I'm with the majority: I like #2 and 3—think they both rock, in fact; I'd want to see the first one punched up. It doesn't have the depth the other two do. Of course, if you're just doing them for fun, then, hey, work on the book first. (I'm guessing these came about while you were taking breaks?)

I'd rephrase the blurb on the first one as well: put "One secret world" first, then the other two lines in whichever order seems catchiest… I figure both are pretty much even. The second one, while it doesn't seem to need it as much, might benefit from this as well: "Two secret worlds. Two X. Two Y." And here I might be inclined to move "villains" in front of "heroes" as well. Possibly remove the word "left" from the final line of #3; not sure about that one.

(P.S. There's more than one typo on the covers. You want periods ending the "worlds" sentences in #1 and 2. ;) )

Last edited:

Ddruid

Minstrel
I don't know what to add to this conversation aside from the fact that it would be a real shame if these weren't used as actual covers. A complete waste, in fact, of time and talent. I'd love it if you could jazz up the first cover and show it to us. Some more vibrant colors and swirls would be all it needed to make it as deep and mystical as the other two. And of course, fix the odd typo or two.

I agree with Ravana, though. Get back on those books (I'm saying this particularly because I'm getting the itch to read them now). Stuff like this helps keep up your dreams and motivations but you'll only get a short kick out of it. So don't waste it. Get to work while you're still motivated.