• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Use of Proper Spelling and Grammar

Jordan Murray

I am of the opinion that when a mod or forum owner makes a request on a message board, politeness dictates you do your best to follow his/her rules.

That being said I'm of two minds about people who don't use proper grammar, spelling and punctuation.

I am a tagger which, for those of you who don't know, means I create digital art. One of my biggest pet peeves is when people write on their creations and don't know the difference between homonyms. An occasion typo is one thing, but dear gawd, "too", "two" and "to" are different. So are "your" and "you're". Please do NOT use them on a piece of art you want someone else to wear if you don't know the freaking difference, thanks oh so verra much. Some of the best tags can be ruined by this type of idiocy.

On the other hand, in general, the older I get the more I feel that it is the content of one's message that carries weight - not the way they say it. I've known plenty of people who weren't the best when it came to writing, but after taking the time to get to know them, they were intelligent and worthwhile human beings.

Lastly, I am far from being an expert on the English language, myself, so there for all of the people who are frowning at my own errors while reading this. LOL
I basically agree with you but I suggest you research the meaning of "freaking".: There is no need for vulgarity.