• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

What do writers most want or need?

Hans

Sage
Maybe there could be something like a forum digest, a place where the best or links to the best postings are collected?
There have been some very useful posts on various subjects, but they are not easy to find. It would be a pity if these are buried somewhere below lots of other posts.
Of course that would need someone to decide what a good posting is.

Erica

Minstrel
Maybe a place outside of the actual forums to post stories members have written or are working on and need critique on. It's always fun to see what other people are working on, and it can be valuable to get feedback from readers.

Kelise

Maester
Maybe a place outside of the actual forums to post stories members have written or are working on and need critique on. It's always fun to see what other people are working on, and it can be valuable to get feedback from readers.

Do you mean other than the Showcase section of the forums? If so, how would it differ or what would you like it to include?

Philip Overby

Staff
Article Team
I like the idea that someone else mentioned of having a "Writing Tips" section. From what I understand, most of the writers here are amateur and probably come here to talk to other writers. It would be good to have a forum to share ideas about what works and what doesn't work. Some stuff I'd like:

1. Advice or links from pro writers or blogs
2. Writing books that helped you out.
3. Good habits in writing.
4. Exercises/games that help .

Maybe stuff like that?

Another thing I loved about one site I used to go to was a place to share flash fiction. Most of what people work on here in the Showcase section is longer novels or stories. I always find flash fiction is fun to write, easy to read, and can help spawn larger ideas. I wouldn't mind sharing stuff if I thought other people were interested in sharing short stories I could read in one quick sitting.