• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

What does one write in an introduction?

TheSeagull

A question I ask myself every time I do one of these things.

Hello(?)

I am an aegosexual train wreck who has a talent in starting a story, getting into it, stumbling across a little block and then proceed to never look at it again. My grammar is atrocious, but I love writing fantasy and I am hoping that joining something like this will help me actually write instead of just imagining it in my head.

I love manga and anime, I play Genshin Impact which means I may or may not have a slight gambling problem, I definitely have a caffeine addiction, and my toxic trait is that I think I'm funny. Do what you will with that information.

My goal in this life is get at least one (1) book published. I am roughly 1/95th of the way there.

pmmg

Myth Weaver
Howdy Seagull, Welcome here.

I think I may be aegosexual as well, but not by choice.

CupofJoe

Myth Weaver
Hail and well-met TheSeagull
Good to have you here.
Did someone mention coffee?
Wild Ethiopian coffee, mild roast, please! (y)

skip.knox

toujours gai, archie
1/95th? Well begun is half done, or so the saying goes. 'Course, sayings don't write books. <g>

Welcome to the Scribes, TheSeagull!

Is the "block" you hit that you begin critiquing your own work without giving it time to find its way forward? Or that you cannot decide where the story should go next? Or doubt the direction you've chosen? In either case, the cure is simple — keep writing forward! Thinking we have to have everything figured out before we can move on or judging what we've already put down before we've really begun is devastating to the writing flow.

Allow yourself to put a whole lot of words and ideas down knowing many of them won't end up in your story. You'll eventually find your way through 2/95ths. Then 3/95ths. Then 4/95ths, until you'll realize you're suddenly well on your way. :)