• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

What is the criminal justice system like in your world?

^^Oh. Silly me. :p
Hmm...A lesser harm to save a greater...
I honestly don't think that would ever come about; the beings in the Songsphere are often greatly 'in tune', so to speak, with the harmony of the cosmos, and can sense what "things must happen, but how they happen depend on the individual". However, heroic sacrifices are possible, but the consequences of such are discussed and played out in my third book, Hollowed. Sometimes heroic sacrifices are the only things that can mend a great catastrophe, or help a realm or plane of essence ascend to a higher dimensional state. A long story very short, that's what happens in my second book, White Darkness, wherein the 'main' character indirectly causes the death of several beings, which then causes a planet to form [as I said, long story], and accidentally causes the deaths of thousands of beings by crash-landing on said planet, and then her next two incarnations are spent trying to repair the rift in the planet and helping everyone there ascend. It's a lot more complicated than that, and the character is kept in the dark about many major events, and about what she truly is...[spoiler*]
If you'd like to read any of my stories, I'll gladly share you the link. :)

*She's basically an apocalypse causer.*