• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Why hello!

ethgania

Dreamer
Hi everyone! My name is Caitlyn. I've written fantasy forever, but I'm only just now getting out of school and getting into it seriously. I'm pretty interested in just getting involved in more communities so that I can become better read and even just better networked as far as my own writing and work goes... if I can keep up with yet another forum, that is! I'll add a disclaimer that I am helping start up an online Fantasy magazine, but I promise not to spam you guys asking for submissions or anything :)

Other than that, I'm just a big nerd. Video games, books, and so on... if it's fantasy I've probably poked around in it somehow.

Chilari

Staff
Welcome to the Scriptorium, Caitlyn. It certainly sounds like you're in the right place to get stuck in with fantasy writing. Because this is the best place for that. You will find our little forum is full of people with questions, advice, detailed knowledge on a variety of topics and interesting perspectives and opinions on various writing and fantasy subjects.

Feel free to post about your fantasy magazine in the Self Promotion forum.

Ankari

Hero Breaker
A girl who plays video games and loves fantasy? You are no nerd! Would it be too much to ask if your last name is Stark? Welcome to Mythic Scribes. Link your fantasy magazine, I'm interested.

Sheilawisz

Queen of Titania
Hello there Caitlyn, and Welcome to Mythic Scribes!! You have come exactly to the right place, I am sure that you will find many new friends, contribute to our community and have a great time here with us. Please visit the Self-promotion Forum like Chilari says, and also check out the Showcase when you have 5 posts and more =)

ethgania

Dreamer
Nah, I'm not a Stark. Not sure I could take the cold :)

The fantasy magazine isn't up and running yet; it's an offshoot of an already-established e-zine (eFiction) so I'm not sure if self-promotion would be appropriate, since I'm only in charge of the new fantasy branch and it's commercial in nature. Still working out the fine details of things, but definitely looking for submissions at the very least! That being said, I don't want to go around the internet spamming links... I'm more of a writer than a marketer :p

ALB2012

Maester
Nah, I'm not a Stark. Not sure I could take the cold :)

The fantasy magazine isn't up and running yet; it's an offshoot of an already-established e-zine (eFiction) so I'm not sure if self-promotion would be appropriate, since I'm only in charge of the new fantasy branch and it's commercial in nature. Still working out the fine details of things, but definitely looking for submissions at the very least! That being said, I don't want to go around the internet spamming links... I'm more of a writer than a marketer :p

Stick a link on my facebook page if you like:)
Dark Fantasy-Beyond the Storm | Facebook

J. S. Elliot

Inkling
Welcome to Scribes, Caitlyn! Wonderful to have another gamer here (was starting to think that there weren't many of us, heheh). Does your magazine require payments for submissions, like a writing contest? Or are the submissions free? And what sorts of video games do you play the most, or just love the series? ^^

ethgania

Dreamer
Welcome to Scribes, Caitlyn! Wonderful to have another gamer here (was starting to think that there weren't many of us, heheh). Does your magazine require payments for submissions, like a writing contest? Or are the submissions free? And what sorts of video games do you play the most, or just love the series? ^^

We will post some of the content online for free but most will be available through a subscription. Most of the profit will then be split amongst the writers, after the editor-in-chief gets his cut for putting everything together.

I play all sorts of games. I am pretty bad at all of them :p Right now I'm working on Psychonauts, which I got from the most recent Humble Indie Bundle... I'm a real sucker for those things and have like 60-odd games on steam saved up that I haven't had time to play D=

Steerpike

Felis amatus
We're all big nerds EXCEPT Steerpike, who is a Dark Lord (as you can see by my avatar). I demand obeisance. Not that I get it, but demanding doesn't seem to hurt anything.

Welcome.