• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Worldbuilding Monthly: A Magazine for Worldbuilders

To the good folk of Mythic Scribes,

My name is Adam Bassett. I'm an author, artist, advertising rep, and member of the team who creates something we call Worldbuilding Monthly. See, a while back our editor-in-chief noticed there wasn't much in the way of well-edited content specifically for worldbuilding (that he could find at the time). On our sixth issue now, we have set out to not just provide resources for worldbuilders but also put theory into practice and show off some of the great work by the community. This issue pushed us toward a community magazine even further, with new writing prompts, and a community art section.

Mythic Scribes is a natural fit for this magazine. It occurred to me after the publication of the last issue, and after speaking with the black dragon we came to an agreement that this sort of content could only benefit this community.

bp2wtS.jpg

We are proud to present to you the sixth issue of Worldbuilding Monthly Magazine: Governments.

We would absolutely love to hear your thoughts. There is a form here where you can share your opinion on the magazine.

If you would like to learn more, or read our previous issues which cover topics such as planet building and history, you can visit our new website. If you have any questions you may shoot an us an email or message me here on this forum.

Thank you all so much. I look forward to bringing you more news and issues of Worldbuilding Monthly very soon.

Sincerely,

Adam Bassett
Worldbuilding Monthly Magazine Writing Department Chair and Artist.:p

elemtilas

Inkling
Looks awesome and useful indeed!

I'll pass the word around to some other worldbuilding forums as well.

Do you accept or solicit submissions (the way Speculative Grammarian does for invented languages)? If so, how would one go about this?

Good luck with your project!

Looks awesome and useful indeed!

I'll pass the word around to some other worldbuilding forums as well.

Do you accept or solicit submissions (the way Speculative Grammarian does for invented languages)? If so, how would one go about this?

Good luck with your project!

Thankyou!

To answer your question, we absolutely accept articles, short stories, poetery (if it has words We'll consider it-just don;t send a novel). You may submit articles for consideration here. we also like to try and showcase somebody's world in each issue. This time were were unable due to some cheduling issues, but in previous entries you'll find some World Showcase secions. You may apply to be selected for this here.

If anyone is interested in becoming a regular contributor, yo may contact me, reacg out to us on social media, or email [email protected]. We are always looking for new writers, editors, artists and whoever else would like to help out!

Devor

Fiery Keeper of the Hat
How much do you coordinate everyone's contributions to cover the topic?

And, what are the next topics?

How much do you coordinate everyone's contributions to cover the topic?

And, what are the next topics?

We try to stick to the topic somewhat, but I'm definately interested in having more varied articles. It's just ting some time to get there.

The next issue will feature gaming as a major theme. So far we have articles about tabletop games and video games, but we haven't officially started the first draft process yet so there is still time to get involved!