1. Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us.

Writing Excuses Season 12: Structure

Discussion in 'Writing Resources' started by FifthView, Jan 3, 2017.

1. FifthView

FifthView Istar

Writing Excuses S12 has officially started, and I'm excited about the theme:

"Season 12 currently has the working title 'Structure,' which does a small disservice to the fascinating and useful material we’re drilling into. We’ll be covering viewpoint, prose, plotting, outlining, and much more, and we’ll be doing it with a much broader range of expertise with the help of new hosts [Mary Anne Mohanraj, Piper J. Drake, and Wesley Chu.]"

The new co-hosts will appear throughout the season.

Their formats in the most recent seasons involve taking a theme and drilling down on that theme throughout the season.

The first episode is already out and takes a look at first person narrative. 12.1: Variations on First Person | Writing Excuses

2. skip.knox

skip.knox toujours gai, archie Moderator

Very useful, but I cannot abide podcasts. I skim read, and I have little patience with the linearity of audio and video. I spend half an hour listening to something I could have read in five minutes. Multiply that by a dozen podcasts and ... well, I'm out.

Your Bliss May Vary

3. FifthView

FifthView Istar

Multiply by 48+ episodes for the season!

I listen mostly in the car to/from work, sometimes at my desk while I work.

4. skip.knox

skip.knox toujours gai, archie Moderator

Understood. Count it as one of the few disadvantages of being retired! No commute.

5. oenanthe

oenanthe Minstrel

good news! Writing excuses publishes text transcripts with their podcasts!

6. Aryth

Aryth Minstrel

Awesome! I love this podcast though I don't listen to it very often. I feel overwhelmed because of the number of episodes and don't want to start at the beginning and spend a year catching up! Structure is something I'm studying right now though, so I think I will listen to season 12. Thanks for sharing!

7. Michael K. Eidson

Michael K. Eidson Archmage

I look forward to listening to the latest Writing Excuses podcast every Monday. Great way to start the week.