• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Writing Excuses Season 12: Structure

Writing Excuses S12 has officially started, and I'm excited about the theme:

"Season 12 currently has the working title 'Structure,' which does a small disservice to the fascinating and useful material we’re drilling into. We’ll be covering viewpoint, prose, plotting, outlining, and much more, and we’ll be doing it with a much broader range of expertise with the help of new hosts [Mary Anne Mohanraj, Piper J. Drake, and Wesley Chu.]"

The new co-hosts will appear throughout the season.

Their formats in the most recent seasons involve taking a theme and drilling down on that theme throughout the season.

The first episode is already out and takes a look at first person narrative. 12.1: Variations on First Person | Writing Excuses

skip.knox

toujours gai, archie
Very useful, but I cannot abide podcasts. I skim read, and I have little patience with the linearity of audio and video. I spend half an hour listening to something I could have read in five minutes. Multiply that by a dozen podcasts and ... well, I'm out.

Your Bliss May Vary

Multiply by 48+ episodes for the season!

I listen mostly in the car to/from work, sometimes at my desk while I work.

skip.knox

toujours gai, archie
Understood. Count it as one of the few disadvantages of being retired! No commute.

oenanthe

Minstrel
Very useful, but I cannot abide podcasts. I skim read, and I have little patience with the linearity of audio and video. I spend half an hour listening to something I could have read in five minutes. Multiply that by a dozen podcasts and ... well, I'm out.

Your Bliss May Vary

good news! Writing excuses publishes text transcripts with their podcasts!

Aryth

Minstrel
Awesome! I love this podcast though I don't listen to it very often. I feel overwhelmed because of the number of episodes and don't want to start at the beginning and spend a year catching up! Structure is something I'm studying right now though, so I think I will listen to season 12. Thanks for sharing!