• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Writing Sequels

ThinkerX

Myth Weaver
Hasn't been published yet. I made the decision to have at least a rough draft of the last book before releasing the first, to avoid writing myself into a corner. Wise move; with Book 7 I had to go clear back to Book 2 to create a minor bad guy; with Book 4 I went back to all three of the previous tomes and inserted passing references to 'football' (soccer) because that sport played a role in Book 4. Currently I'm working on the rough draft of Book 7 (last in the series, had hoped to end it with Book 6, but,,,) well...looks like I'll be going back to the earlier books again.

That said, if you want, I'll send you copies of 'Empire: Country' and 'Empire: Capital' (first two books)

Hasn't been published yet. I made the decision to have at least a rough draft of the last book before releasing the first, to avoid writing myself into a corner. Wise move; with Book 7 I had to go clear back to Book 2 to create a minor bad guy; with Book 4 I went back to all three of the previous tomes and inserted passing references to 'football' (soccer) because that sport played a role in Book 4. Currently I'm working on the rough draft of Book 7 (last in the series, had hoped to end it with Book 6, but,,,) well...looks like I'll be going back to the earlier books again.

That said, if you want, I'll send you copies of 'Empire: Country' and 'Empire: Capital' (first two books)

That's awesome foresight. And yeah, I'll take copies :)