• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Islandfall: a concept art collection.

Oomatu

Closed Account
Ayukua
xyJAE0V.png

Synthetics
opnU4BU.png

Shaku/Reaper
WNfJpyW.png

Echo/Collosus
wZXCxnf.png

Tom

Istar
Whoa! You drew these, right? Amazing! They look like professional game dev art! Please tell me you're doing something with this talent.

Oomatu

Closed Account
I need to be, but breaking into the field of game art isn't an easy task. Rest assured I am working on it.

Reactions: Tom

skip.knox

toujours gai, archie
Working on it had better include a web site and a rate schedule, because you are going to get hired, at least for freelance work. At the very least you should have a presence on DeviantArt and similar sites. And a business email. And a bunch more, but there are plenty of advice sites to help you cover the bases.

Oomatu

Closed Account
griffith-concepts Website

Griffithart0822 (Matthew Griffith) - DeviantArt Devart Account

Sorry that they are both a little empty, I haven't really started flexing my artistic muscles until the beginning of this school-year. I am pursuing a career in game art, and am going to begin an independent study at my college. I am not quite yet equipped with enough skill to make it in the art world, but I will be soon.

Tom

Istar
Ahh, good luck to you! Game dev is the field to be in right now--lots of opportunities and high demand.

I happen to be shooting for a career in that field as well. Right now I'm wrapping up some gen ed classes, but as soon as I'm done with that I'm planning on transferring to UB (Uni at Buffalo) and majoring in art there, with plans to become a concept artist after graduation. I honestly haven't been drawing as much as I should, mostly because I'm really busy this semester, but after finals I will go back to my art.

Legendary Sidekick

The HAM'ster
Wow... the way you draw weird stone creatures covered in glyphs makes me want to see a lot more weird stone creatures covered in glyphs. I love the sand pouring off the colossus!

Yeah. Just keep building that portfolio. Someone will want you and your ability to make crazy creatures look fun and powerful.

D

Deleted member 4265

Wow those pictures are really awesome. I especially like the first one.

Nimue

Auror
These look awesome! You've definitely got a vision for the world. I particularly love the angle and sense of scale for that rising colossus....

Those are definitely beautiful (in a creepy way) designs for the first group of creations. I particularly like the Synthetics :) The Colossus is impressive in it differs with the scale and not shrouded in darkness. You get a different feel, but all retain a sense of correlation. Keep building that portfolio!