• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Dystopian fantasy?

pmmg

Myth Weaver
I am sure that is true. Who doesn't like Greek statues?

Mr. Hitler saw meaningful attributes in many things, and the statues, I am sure, would appeal to his notions of ideal physical attributes, and possibly even Greek schools of thought.

Yeah, and he took that beauty and twisted it into a dark and disturbing ideology.

Okay - If I remember from my art school days, he bought a sculpture and made an entire propaganda film based on it, and attached his own ideologies to it. I bet he thought himself very cultured and knowledgable about ‘art’ and human civilisation.

Last edited:

pmmg

Myth Weaver
Yeah, and he took that beauty and twisted it into a dark and disturbing ideology.

Okay - If I remember from my art school days, he bought a sculpture and made an entire propaganda film based on it, and attached his own ideologies to it. I bet he thought himself very cultured and knowledgable about ‘art’ and human civilisation.

I suspect he thought himself the hero of his own story too. And he did not ruin Greek Sculpture for me (and if he did, I wish to remain ignorant). Nuff on him.

Whats the topic?

While I do very much enjoy Apocalypse stories (and secretly, I would be okay living in a zombie one), a dystopia kind of require people to be in charge of something. The next animal evolution may count as that. Stories can certiainly have cross over between labels.

To be fair, he either attended and was later kicked out or flat out rejected from an Art school, it was his passion when he was a teen/young man, aside from, ya know, forming the ideas he would later use to commit atrocities.

I'm sure if Hitler had been accepted into that Vienna art school he would've turned out lovely. Just lovely.

There was a novel called (I think) Making History where someone went back in time and killed Hitler during WW1, with the result that someone far worse rose up in his place.