• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Typing Speed

Xanados

Maester
I just took the test and I type 73 wpm, with no errors. I have been typing for about 20 years or so now. I thought I was doing
pretty good until I saw some of the other scores being over 100! I guess I need some more practice still.
Don't worry, Dreamer, that just means you aren't as much of a "nerd" as me. I've only been typing for a few years and I'm around 92 average/best 104 WPM. ;)

Superderek

Dreamer
I don't see how somone can be that slow ;)
Oh believe me, there are ways. Specially when you naturally handicap yourself and happen to be a bit slower in the first place. My hand writing is even slower than my typing. Which only goes to show why I Skype call and voice chat rather than type messages or text. Texting is just terrible for me.

I guess after years and years of never bothering to type with my hand correctly, I just went into the terrible two finger typing method. A shame, really.

Xanados

Maester
Oh believe me, there are ways. Specially when you naturally handicap yourself and happen to be a bit slower in the first place. My hand writing is even slower than my typing. Which only goes to show why I Skype call and voice chat rather than type messages or text. Texting is just terrible for me.

I guess after years and years of never bothering to type with my hand correctly, I just went into the terrible two finger typing method. A shame, really.
I use about 3-4 and fingers and use no established method. I'm not kidding. I just do it. Hard to explain ;)

Dragonie

Scribe
I got an average of 84WPM on that test and I blame the fact that I haven't had my morning coffee yet! :p I think when I took it before I got somewhere in the 90s.

What is your WPM? 39?

LOL not a clue I guess???
Was not paying that much attn because I know I can do better.... random jibberish is not my thing. Let me type out my own stuff and I fly over the keys. ;)

These tests are designed to let you fail imho.
Can't speed read your sol.

Argentum

Troubadour
68 words per minute. Nuts! I was hoping for something faster. I shall keep trying! This is great!

Well I seem to be stuck around 84... not good enough! Buaha!

Last edited:

Helbrecht

Minstrel
Okay, I've just done the test linked in the first post. Forget what I said earlier.

"You type 638 characters per minute
You have 118 correct words and
you have 1 wrong words"

WEEEE ARE THE CHAAMPIIIOOOONS MY FRIIIEEENNNNDS

Xanados

Maester
Okay, I've just done the test linked in the first post. Forget what I said earlier.

"You type 638 characters per minute
You have 118 correct words and
you have 1 wrong words"

WEEEE ARE THE CHAAMPIIIOOOONS MY FRIIIEEENNNNDS
118WPM? Congrats.

Last edited:

Kevlar

Troubadour
37 wpm with my thumbs on my phone's keyboard... not sure what to think of that, whether good or bad. Maybe I'll do it again in my computer animation class tomorrow and see what I am with all my fingers on a full keyboard.