• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Shameless Self-Appreciation Thread

Noma Galway

Archmage
I've been writing this for two years...and I'm really slow. But I finally reached 15,000 words today, and I'm a little less than halfway through the plot. Now I've started outlining, plot should be done by the end of March, and rewrites should bump the length up quite a bit. I'm happy with my work for the week :D

Noma Galway

Archmage
I have figured out major portions of my plot!! Character death is the way to tear another character apart :) Just saying. But I will be in tears while writing for a while. But plot is going well!

teacup

Auror
I've just finished draft 2 of my first novel! (I stopped before reaching the very end in draft 1, because it was so terrible, and went back to rewrite. So this is the first time I've been able to write the ending!)
Got a lot to edit and little bits to rewrite on the previous chapters, and pretty much the first half of the novel to rewrite to a better standard, but woo, an ending :D

JRFLynn

Sage
Finally, finally, finally finished chapter five! Spit out 13 pages in four days, weeee! It totally veered off in an odd twisty place, though. So, following the rabbit hole...

Last edited:

Fyri

Inkling
So... I finished the final installment to my four book series last night... Why don't I feel super excited or happy? Im not even sad really... Its been a five year journey and I just finished. Shouldn't I be ecstatic or at least relieved?

Last edited:

A. E. Lowan

Forum Mom
Leadership
Give it a day or two to sink in before the train of emotions arrive. They will, and then you can deal with them as they come.

And congratulations! That's not an easy thing you just did.

Fyri

Inkling
Well, they're all just the rough drafts of each book. Handwritten and note-covered. Haha! I'm not good at bragging. ^_^

Zweee

Acolyte
Yay to me for finding a way out the corner I had written myself into. It involved being brave enough to scrap a third of what I had written but the story is so much better as a result.

:happy:

I just got the best rejection letter of my life.

Michael H. Payne is, if not exactly a big deal, at least a medium one. He's an award-winning writer, an accomplished reviewer, and a fairly important muckymuck in the SFWA hierarchy. He's also one of the most popular authors of My Little Pony fanfiction under the name AugieDog.

There's a fansite called Equestria Daily that collects the best of the best of MLP fanfiction. Their standards are pretty stringent, and the fic I submitted to them got a rejection. But the reviewer mostly pointed out minor flaws, and he said he liked the story overall. He encouraged me to make some edits and resubmit it. It wasn't until my second time looking over the suggestions that I noticed the name at the bottom. AugieDog.

I've gotten plenty of encouragement from fellow no-names and wannabes. But this is the first time a writer on Payne's level has told me he liked my story. I keep thinking I'm going to stop smiling sooner or later, but the corners of my mouth just won't go down.

A. E. Lowan

Forum Mom
Leadership
That's awesome! Those are the rejections you print and put on the wall. I love those! Congratulations! :D

Yay! Another day where I actually got writing done, and believe me when I say it was a really hectic terrible day! 720 words!!!