• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Where are you from and....

Ruby

Auror
I'm in the leafy suburbs of London, Uk. I'm only a half hour tube ride from the centre of London. Heathrow airport is at the other end of the line!

London's great in the summer months, but bleak, cold and damp for most of the year.

Ophiucha

Auror
I'm from Long Island, New York, which I loved because of the damn good pizza and the relatively wealthy population that paid for the public schools I attended for thirteen years.

I live in Surrey, British Columbia, which I love because I don't need to drive a car and the snow rarely gets higher than an inch or two.

Warrioress

Scribe
I'm in Ireland and really only love the land itself..the Celtic heritage has pretty much vanished but just sometimes when you're in a beautiful woodland or high on a rocky tor you can feel the ancient-ness... almost as if you can feel the long lost spirituality that is part of the land or see the druids and warriors from so long ago...

We thought you were a myth.

Well, you were myth-taken

-Buffy The Vampire Slayer

SeverinR

Vala
I was born in Arizona, Ankari- the dirt is almost as hard as asphalt, and it is sun baked nearly every day, its not hard to keep roads up.:D

I live in Central Western Ohio.

I have traveled in over 20 states, lived in 5.(AZ,NY,TX,OH, IN). Been to over 10 countries, lived in 3(Germany, Greece, and US).
Warrioress-Ireland was a stop over-refuel so I have been in the Airport...not sure which one.
Really mess with people...Been cuffed by police in all 3 countries, and two states. :eek: I was a Security police in the military. :D

Legendary Sidekick

The HAM'ster
I was at the Shannon Airport the one time I went to Ireland (1990!). I remember the air being so clean I gagged on it. I was never a big environmentalist type. That I could grow up in a rural area and notice the air in Ireland is cleaner says something. The only other time in my life I experienced that was when I lived in Hong Kong and went to Discovery Island. But that was more like "considerably less polluted" air. Being able to stare at the sun at 4PM without hurting your eyes is something I learned to appreciate at times, but I'd say the grass is greener in Ireland. (Literally and figuratively.) I'll have to bring the wife and kids there someday.