• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Your Ideal Character

Erudite

Scribe
By ideal, I mean "Who would you be, were you a fictional character?" Doesn't have to be a character you haven't written, perhaps a character from your own works.

OR in contrast, which character do you feel you are? One's harder to answer, than the other.

My ideal - probably Sherlock Holmes. The idea of being able to notice tiny details, have the knowledge to figure the situations out...

Who I assimilate with, aside from the murder... Raskolnikov. The deep mistrust, the arrogance, the apathy he shows toward others...

Well then, there you go.

TheokinsJ

Troubadour
I suppose my ideal character is myself- my main character in my WIP is everything I am and everything I want to be- he's a character who's confident, self-aware, kind, he's a thinker, strong- but he has his flaws as well; he's insecure at times, he's been hurt, he finds it hard to trust people, he fears being hurt again, he finds it difficult to take command, to make decisions. My character is me, everything I am and everything I hope to be- not exactly the answer you were expecting, but that's my ideal character.

Scalvi

Scribe
I'd say I want to be my character Cadge, he's just ridiculously lucky and charming with a capital C. And a major jerk.

Tom

Istar
Mmm...tough one. Probably Miekkhal, a character from my WIP. He's intelligent and rational, with the ability to quickly come up with solutions to dilemmas and think on his feet. Plus, even though he shares my sarcastic streak, he's much better at whipping out the perfect snarky rejoinder than I am.

CorvusCorax

Dreamer
I'd probably have to go with my main character, Tristan. He started out as a mixture of myself and the person I wish I could be. He's evolved since then but he still has many of the traits I value in myself and in others. Plus he's an elf.