• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Anyone else worried about dying?

Honestly I am not too worried about dying as the death relates to my works. First, I'm not published so even if I die no one will be all that disappointed. Second, even if I do get published I am going to change my estate plan to reflect that in the event that my series is not done upon the time of my death my executor will have to find a suitable replacement to finish the series. And if I have unpublished novels to get those cleaned up and published. Last if I only have a few I will direct the executor to either let them fall by the wayside or to sell them to whomever wants them. I'll also make sure that if any of these are made into movies that my executor will option those off to whomever they consider best suited to make the movie. So, even after death my works will get completed.

Fyle

Inkling
I think Axel Rose has this covered

"I don't worry 'bout nothin' cause worrying is a waste of my time."

Worrying about something totally out of your control like death IS a waste of time, just keep writting.

MineOwnKing

Maester
Definitely a concern for me at this point.

I've been around, seen things, worked many places. Now I look back and things have crumbled, friends and coworkers are gone. Nothing seems to have any meaning or longevity except for words.

People that knew me and admired me in my youth are dead, and no one cares or remembers what I was or the potential that I possessed.

I'm really not interested in any form of legacy, but I'm tired to the point of breaking, of creating things that expire.

Lovers drift, kid's move away, elderly forget, projects fail and crumble, or linger unappreciated of my time and efforts.

Only words stay unchanged, without age, permanent.

I still have much to say, and far too little time to make it happen.

ThinkerX

Myth Weaver
That's right. I'm taking my world and characters with me.

'Hey, lookee what I found!'

'Oh?'

'Remember those corny stories dad used to write? Well, here they are!'

::much reading and laughing::

'Hey, this ones unfinished!'

'This one too. Hmm...You know I think I know what he had in mind here. Let me find that instant 'dicta-write' thing...'

'Here's the auto rewrite-proofreader...'

'Ok, I think we're in business...'

::taps button::

and somewhere somebody stirs in their grave...

Legendary Sidekick

The HAM'ster
and somewhere somebody stirs in their grave...
ZOMBIE DAD: "Girrrrrrls… IIII juuuust wannnnnnna saaaaay IIII'm soooo prouuuuud."

DAUGHTER 1: "Oh, Daddy. You always did say I had the brains to make it as a writer!"

ZOMBIE DAD: "Braaaaainnnnnnssss…"

(Corny laughter ensues.)

Reactions: Tom

Tom

Istar
I would definitely come back as a zombie if someone started finishing my writing. I'd never rest in peace knowing my stuff was being tampered with!

Zombie me: Whaaaaatttt yoooooouuuuuu dooooooooinnnnngggg?!

Sister or brother (whoever tries it): Just writing the end of your unfinished novel for you!

Zombie me: Glllllaaaaaarrrggggghhhhhhh! Yooouuuu ruuuuiiiinnn iiiittt!!

(I chase my unfortunate sibling away. I then return to the unfinished manuscript, only to realize that zombies can't write nice prose.)

Zombie me: NNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

vader-nooooo.jpg

Last edited:

Philip Overby

Staff
Article Team
I have several health problems that have plagued me over time. So in my mind, I'm self-pubbing, submitting stuff, and doing what I can to have something out there in the world. I totally understand people that plan every step of their careers carefully, but before you know it time has slipped away. That is why I always encourage anyone to produce the best work 2015 You can make. And next year 2016 You, and so on.

I'm 18, I have the immortality of youth. However. . .

I have something far, far worse than mere death. I have A-LEVELS!"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! starting tomorrow, I might as well be dead!

C

Chessie

If I die before finishing all of the books I have planned in my head, then I hope God will allow me to write in heaven. <3