• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Which of these would be the HARDEST to do?

Maximum7

Dreamer
I’m writing a Star Wars story. Can I have your opinion on which of these would be the hardest to do in science? Choose what do you think is the hardest to do based on existing science and your limited knowledge of Star Wars science. I will provide links for stuff you are unfamiliar with.

1.) Synthesis of Graphyne Graphyne - Wikipedia

2. Lithium-silicone battery https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lithium–silicon_battery

3. Stranglet bombs- They release strange matter, convert normal matter to strange matter and make a huge explosion

4.) Stellification- Make a gas giant into a Star

5.) Gluonic string- Stable string of gluons held together by the strong force. Used to build megastructures

6.) Neural nanonics- Neural nanobots that can fix mental illness or increase intelligence.

7.) Magnetic monopole drive- Space propulsion with energy from magnetic monopoles

8.) Thought recognition- Computer activated by owners thought.

9.) Water synthesizer- Machine that makes water from scratch

10.) Grow a Brain- Grow a sentient brain from scratch

11.) Overclockwork neurons- Supercharged neurons allowing for higher thought

12.) Memory milk- Milk that can improve memory.

13.) Brain capacity test- Replacement for IQ test

14.) Supercapattery- Mixture of battery and supercapicitor

15.) Sunline- Band around a star that directs sunlight to planets not in a stars habitable zone.

16.) Electronic skin- Something you can wear to help land a starship with your hands and mind

17.) Super-serum- Something to make you become the perfect soldier

18.) FTL Gullitoine- Faster than Light Weapon that can cut a planet in half.

19.) Digital world- Something you can put yourself in with an avatar in a computer world for the ultimate video game.

20.) Micro-Black hole creation- For power or the ultimate computer.

21.) Genetically engineer humans or aliens to need less oxygen

22.) Optography- Retrieving Images from a cadavers eye

23.) Synthesized fitness- Elysian like coffin shaped machine that can give you exercise without physical exerting yourself.

24.) Cortical modem- Put Images in a persons brain

25.) Hypercapacitor- Supercharged supercapacitor

26.) Artificial magnetosphere

27.) Self-repairing alloy

28.) Nucleon chemistry- Chemistry at the quark level

29.) XNA therapy- Artificial DNA therapy

30.) Atmosphere bubble tent- To be used in emergencies to survive on planet with no atmosphere

31.) Brain graft- Grafting foreign brain tissue onto other brain.

32.) Upload fake memories into brain

33.) Memory regeneration- Retrieve old memories in brain

34.) Planetary motor- Giant device that can change a planets spin.

35.) Artificial gyrification- Artificial Neural stem cells which cause brain to develop more folds and increase intelligence.

36. Travel to spinning Black hole for time travel

Alex Reiden

Minstrel
Any of the ones "from scratch," depending on what you mean by that. That could require both nuclear fusion and fusion, yet you want your output to be a controlled product instead of, well, boom -- plus a ton of radiation. I mean, do you really want to drink radioactive water?

Oh, plus anything involving time travel... Yeah... We're not even sure that's a thing.

8.) Thought recognition- Computer activated by owners thought.
16.) Electronic skin- Something you can wear to help land a starship with your hands and mind
I know you said HARDEST, but we already have stuff like MindLeap.

19.) Digital world- Something you can put yourself in with an avatar in a computer world for the ultimate video game.
Virtual Reality is working pretty well already. But somehow I don't really think a straight cyberpunk trope fits with the Star Wars universe.

10.) Grow a Brain- Grow a sentient brain from scratch
In Star Wars, they already have androids for slave labor, so why would anyone invest in a project like that?

Yora

Maester
Creating strange matter and cutting planets in half would be at the top of my list. Though strange matter is theoretically possible, so I would take cutting through planets as number one. The energy of the impact would just atomize the planet.

10, 16, and 36 sound to me that they would be the hardest but with my limited knowledge in the subject I can't be sure.