• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Need a name for a cast

Corvus

Scribe
Hello everyone!
I haw just discovered these forum and read some threads so I thought someone could help me whit a problem.
Its a bit of a lengthily explanation. In my world I created four different types of elves basically their nations, the High elves, the Dark elves, the Silvana elves (wood elves) and the Night elves. They live in a cast system where the cast is decided at birth by the gods. There are three so called ruling casts. The priests who are the same for every nation and don’t have a special name, the warrior cast which are called Blade Dancers for High elves, Silver Rangers for Silvana elves, Shadow Blades for Dark elves and Berserkers for Night elves.
The third cast are the guardians. They sort of watch or protect a specific area.
Wardens for the Silvana elves, they basically protect nature (make trees grow etc.)
Necrolits for the Night elves who make sure things die, (they speed up the decaying process…)
Keepers (will possibly change that) for the High elves that guard magical objects coaled Artifacts so they don't end up whit someone trying to destroy the world.
Here is my problem: Haw do I call the Dark eves guardians. At first they were sort of watching over the Books of Life and Death. Two giant books were everything about everyone was written. Then I thought it was sort of lame so I changed it to guardians of knowledge. Not entirely sure haw exactly it will work but it's not so important. The dark elves are not exactly important but at least their leader will eventually appear and he will be a guardian.
So if anyone has a suggestion for a name or even some suggestion for what they could do it will be much appreciated.

Last edited by a moderator:

Konstanz

Minstrel
Lorekeepers? Librarians? Keepers of the amazing tomes of amazingness?

I'm assuming you need a new name for guardians of knowledge. Cause I didn't quite get the question.

Corvus

Scribe
Yeah I need a name for guardians of knowledge. Lorekeepers is grate idea. it even connects beck to the High elves which is a plus. :D

Elishimar

Dreamer
This is an easy one. Holders because they hold the books of life and death. or some variations like holders of the books or the divine holds, holders of the divine. Kinda gives you the image of them cradling or guarding the books.

Corvus

Scribe
Holders is not a bead idea either. Since they aren't that important to the story I still have some time to decide what fits best.

Sounds like something i would gladly read. I was thinking 'The Marshals of Wisdom' or 'Tradition'. Hope it was helpful