• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Greetings to all.

Shadow

Dreamer
Hey, all authors (aspiring or not) of Mythic Scribes.

I'm Alex. I'm an aspiring author (as you may have already guessed). I find the genre of fantasy to be by far the most malleable in terms of context, so therefore the one in which I wish to write. I have many plans for novels/stories I intend on writing, and have come here to meet some like-minded people. I'll tell you a little about myself, so that you may understand me to a better extent.

I'm 15 years old, going on 16. I'm from the United Kingdom, doing my second year of GCSEs at the moment (Year 11) and will be going on to do A-Levels at the same school I currently go to. I'll be doing English Literature, Biology, Mathematics and Classic Civilisation, presuming all goes well. If I am unable to take one of these subjects, my reserve choice is French - I'm capable of speaking the language at a slow pace.
I love gaming; nearly as much as I do writing. I spend more time gaming, because it eats up time ridiculously quickly. The best game of all time is Ocarina of Time, of the Legend of Zelda franchise. I own an Xbox 360 (my main console), and play mostly First Person Shooter games. However, my selection is not limited to this, and as such I also enjoy the occasional Real Time Strategy game, music games (such as Guitar Hero) and Roleplaying games. I'm a big fan of Minecraft, too. My favourite genre of all, throughout game or literature, has to be zombies. The walking dead. The living deceased. I'm sure you get the picture.
I'm not a particularly sporting person, but I still take delight in participating in a select variety. I love tennis, table tennis, squash; anything involving a racquet, really. I'm sometimes found swimming, bowling and kicking a ball around too. I hope to get into archery in the near future - possibly due to my RPG addiction.
I play the electric guitar, albeit not that well. This is my main instrument; I also dabble in the harmonica, trumpet, drums and ocarina.

So after that wall of text that you may or may not have read, I shall end my introduction and take a look around this place. Hopefully this'll be exactly what I'm looking for (as I imagine it will be).

Thanks for reading,

Alex

Shadow

Dreamer
Zombies are supposed to be "ew". They're supposed to be gritty, fear-rendering and disturbing. That's what makes them so good! :D
And thank you, I do believe I will :)

San Cidolfus

Troubadour
Greetings, young Alex, and welcome to the Scribes. Here you'll find all manner of like-minded deviants, up-and-comers, raw talent, old salts, and all degrees of tastiness in-between. Feel free to dive right into the forums.

I don't believe we have any zombies roaming around...although I haven't been in the deep cellars in a while.

Rikilamaro

Inkling
Greetings, young Alex, and welcome to the Scribes. Here you'll find all manner of like-minded deviants, up-and-comers, raw talent, old salts, and all degrees of tastiness in-between. Feel free to dive right into the forums.

I don't believe we have any zombies roaming around...although I haven't been in the deep cellars in a while.

I saw a zombie just the other day... what was his name again?

One more time for emphasis - Ew.

Braaaains!

LOL, hello shadow. I think I now know more about you than I do myself! :)

Slip n Slid right in and have fun. This is a wonderful group of people.

Looking forward to seeing in the threads.
Need anything let us know! We are happy to give you a million oppinions each as unique as the person replying.
Enjoy it here,
~BL~

Hey Shadow/Alex.

I was about 15 when I first started writing, still going 2 years later(sigh).

I also play the harmonica, mostly blues harp, although my gaming habits are more focused on RPGs and strategy games, so my only zombie experiences are from Dead Space and Undead Nightmare. I also attempt archery. And live in the UK.

I think we'll get on just fine.

Shadow

Dreamer
Thanks for the welcomes, everyone.
Even though this was quite some months ago, I realised I didn't say that to the most recent of you to post.
So yeah, thanks :)