• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Kill this Thread

Philip Overby

Staff
Article Team
Poor thread. You had 25 pages, and 243 entries. And now you're dead.

Peace out.

Anyone else like to share any words?

Ireth

Myth Weaver
Alas, poor thread! I knew it, Phil: a thread of infinite craziness and most excellent fun, now finally deceased. It put up a valiant struggle, and for that we commend it. But its time is passed, and the rest is silence. It shall be missed.

Caged Maiden

Staff
Article Team
I think people are in love with the thread. We have no other plce to post complete uselessness and weird thoughts. BTW I had two roadrunners in my yard today. I snapped three pics before they ran off and posted it on Facebook.

Legendary Sidekick

The HAM'ster
I had two roadrunners in my yard today. I snapped three pics before they ran off and posted it on Facebook.
All I had to show my girls was a dead snake (at the end of the driveway last night) and a rabbit (by the pool this morning).

I shouldn't be surprised at the lack of roadrunners. We hear lots of coyotes, and there aren't any cliffs or anvil factories in the area, making it impossible for the roadrunners to defend themselves against their natural enemy.

Devor

Fiery Keeper of the Hat
Is anybody still working on their MFMA challenge? Are we calling it?

If that challenge is officially dead, I was thinking about using Vollifer and Balu-Balu and Mordile and other new characters, and working on my own version of the challenge - no particular timeline, just to have fun with it. I'd use the first fight, tweak it a bit, and write more fights when I have the time, if nobody minds.

But is it done?

Philip Overby

Staff
Article Team
How did the MFMA tournament die twice? I feel like I'm having deja vu.

In any case, if it's dead for good now (I still don't know why), why don't we vote who we thought was going to win the whole thing, and why? That could be fun!

Legendary Sidekick

The HAM'ster
It died twice in part because I wasn't pushing for participation. I figure if it's not fun enough for participants to keep it going, my pushing it isn't going to make it more fun. I teach high school. If I'm going to push people to do something they're not convinced will be fun or worth putting effort into, I prefer to be paid for it.

I predict Bazil would have won.

The reason I think that: I was the one flipping the coin, and the coin disobeyed the Law of Averages and only came up tails once. The person on the left was heads, and Bazil was positioned all the way to the left.

He was winning in both the original and the re-rolled version.