• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Kill this Thread

Devor

Fiery Keeper of the Hat
No! Wait! STOP!! It's just a twitchy zombie thread! BUT IT'S GOING TO BE A LICH!

STOP POSTING PEOPLE!

((people seem confused - to kill the thread was 24 hours, to resurrect the thread was 12 hours, both failed...))

Ireth

Myth Weaver
Sheila, I think what you mean is:

"Let no joyful voice be heard! Let no man look up to the sky with hope! And let this day be cursed by we who ready to wake... THE KRAKEN!"

:insertevillaughhere

Philip Overby

Staff
Article Team
Well, I killed it before with a suplex. So I think the Kraken would probably pulverize it into zombie thread dust.

Philip Overby

Staff
Article Team
So if it's dead, became a zombie, and failed resurrection, then what exactly is it?

Is it dead and we're just desacrating a corpse?

In other news, go look at the other Challenges. We got some new ones going on *cheap plug.*

Legendary Sidekick

The HAM'ster
Speaking of cheap, and plugs, I just released a steamy new book about online sex. I call it "254 Shades of Gray, Only Five of Which Are Web-Safe."

Go to your local library and... oh, that's right. You can't. It's banned. I guess you'll just have to buy it.

Oh god. Fifty Shades of WTF. I'd heard good things about it (or at least that it was amazingly popular). Even Entertainment Weekly had a big ol' article about it.

So I went and looked at the preview on Amazon, and after reading a few paragraphs, I wanted to gouge my eyes out with a shrimp fork.

Sheilawisz

Queen of Titania
What?! This thread is not dead yet?

*Sheilawisz gears up with armour and longsword, and then she charges against the seemingly-killed yet persistent zombie thread*

Saantiaaagoooooo!!! Sheilawisz invokes the protection of Saint James as she charges into battle, just like the Spaniards of past centuries of glory and legend-

*slashing, cutting, stabbing into the zombie thread!!*

Now, is the thing dead or what?

Philip Overby

Staff
Article Team
The zombie thread has fled into the mountains. Sheilawisz had wounded it greatly but it still lived, hobbling up to the old castle of the Goblin.

"I am infinity!"

I want this thread to be a mixture of just talking crap, actual information, and storytelling. Hybrid zombie news entertainment.

Boom!

Butterfly

Auror
Whew, that was close!!!

You cast that last spell with moments to spare, thus saving the entire cosmos from impending doom.

All hail Phill and his Drill from the mill on top of the hill!!!

Last edited:

Kaellpae

Inkling
Awww, ZHOAS. I stopped reading Sluggy Freelance recently after about twelve years. It was still funny day-to-day, but I just wasn't enjoying it enough any more. :(

I read it in bursts. The last I read of it was in October last year, and now I'm all caught up.

I've heard that it's in the end game. One last big story to tie up all of the loose ends. I'm mostly curious about the Oasis story arc than anything. Also hoping Torg and Zoe end up together finally.

Legendary Sidekick

The HAM'ster
Oh god. Fifty Shades of WTF. I'd heard good things about it (or at least that it was amazingly popular). Even Entertainment Weekly had a big ol' article about it.

So I went and looked at the preview on Amazon, and after reading a few paragraphs, I wanted to gouge my eyes out with a shrimp fork.
I'm not one to dump all over successful authors normally. I mean, I'm not big on boy wizards, but when J.K. Rowling got big, I thought, good for her. My students (in Hong Kong) were really into it. I found it beautiful that so many Chinese kids were enjoying a book in their second (or third) language.

But when I heard about 50 Shades on a local radio show--the book ban, and a lawyer talking to the host about how any library has the right to ban, but it's really good publicity, and who has the right to say it's not literary enough?--those bits and pieces made the whole thing stink to me. I mean, it sounds like the ban was desirable. It's hard to engineer such a thing, I suppose, but there's no question that this book is getting a lot of buzz and if you want to read it you have to buy it.

When the lawyer used the phrase "not literary enough," I suspected the writing was subpar and it's just a book full of sexy scenes. I don't want to want to gouge my eyes out, so I'll take your response to mean that I'm probably right, or close enough, about the quality of this book.

Kaellpae

Inkling
Are we keeping it alive at 12 or 24 hours now? Or is it just being desecrated? Myabe this is where topics go to die?

Are we making a discussion graveyard?

Philip Overby

Staff
Article Team
I don't know. This is where any random crap you want to talk about goes to die (or live.)

It's taken on it's on form. It should be dead, but yet it still goes on.