• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Could we have a 18and up forum?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mindfire

Istar
"Beloved, I urge you as aliens and strangers to abstain from fleshly lusts, which wage war against the soul." (1 Peter 2:11)

Im not trying to judge people. I'm trying to help people.

I'm a Christian too, Gutendaug. But I've learned through experience that sermonizing is rarely the best way to reach people.

Chime85

Sage
It invokes sin, which in my faith is evil.

"Beloved, I urge you as aliens and strangers to abstain from fleshly lusts, which wage war against the soul." (1 Peter 2:11)

You may not be judging people, but calling people and subjects evil, you are.

I will leave you with this "let he who is without sin, cast the first stone" there is alot to be said in that, I shall say no more on the subject

Steerpike

Felis amatus

These are not the forums for that. Just as we would not want someone presenting an attack on Christianity to try to get people to stop believing it, even if they felt they were helping, we do not want attacks or criticisms of the non-belief or different belief by members from someone holding a specific religious viewpoint. There are plenty of online forums focused around precisely those issues. Here, we request respectful tolerance of religious and non-religious viewpoints, alike. A religious critique of why erotica is bad or evil is not appropriate here.

Aosto

Sage
These are not the forums for that. Just as we would not want someone presenting an attack on Christianity to try to get people to stop believing it, even if they felt they were helping, we do not want attacks or criticisms of the non-belief or different belief by members from someone holding a specific religious viewpoint. There are plenty of online forums focused around precisely those issues. Here, we request respectful tolerance of religious and non-religious viewpoints, alike. A religious critique of why erotica is bad or evil is not appropriate here.

I agree with this fully. Religious views are not the theme of this forum.

It invokes sin, which in my faith is evil.

What's your definition of "invokes"?

Are you saying by reading about something it causes you to do something? Is it just erotica that does this or if I read about magick will I be able to learn spells too?

Also, I believe you should look up the word "judge". By, I dunno' let's say, "forming an opinion or conclusion about" erotica, I think maybe, just maybe, you are possibly contradicting your claim.

Feel free to discuss religion respectfully, but if your views require you to denigrate an entire genre of writing based on your religious beliefs, you're probably better off not discussing that topic here.

Philip Overby

Staff
Article Team
Should Christians Write Fantasy?

We had this discussion raised by this article.

I'm not sure what any of what is being discussed has to do with "Can we Have an 18 and Up Forum?" as this discussion has veered way off course.

Just one more reminder about our policy discussing religion or beliefs: http://mythicscribes.com/forums/news-announcements/2101-guidelines-discussing-religion.html

In general, don't discuss religion unless:

1) You are legitimately open to other points of view.

2) You sincerely want to learn about other religious beliefs.

This goes for all beliefs about anything. Even if we disagree with someone's views, let's be mindful to be respectful. This isn't targeted towards any one member, just a general reminder.

Justme

Banned

Agreed 1000% my friend.

I used to be an apologist for The Christian community until I noticed so many people thinking that those who were atheistic in nature were questioned to how they were able to distinguish right from wrong. I, along time ago gave up on religion, sense so many who say they adhere to it base their ideals on others interpretation of the scriptures, instead of reading them personally.

I read them while I was in the military and what is in there is far removed from the actions that many who call themselves Christian perform. Especial those who favor exalting themselves by virtue of being what they claim is Christian. I very rarely quote scripture because so many others do and conveniently take that same quote out of context with the verses on either side, but I think those who think themselves competent to set in judgement of others should read these two passages and reconsider their attitudes.

(1) Mathew 7:5 You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother's eye.

(2) (Matthew 10:14) If anyone will not welcome you or listen to your words, shake the dust off your feet when you leave that home or town. (This means to me to except them as the are and move on. You don't have to agree or even associate with them, but you certainly don't need to badger them for their version of truth.)

Christianity is not a enforcement agency, but a way of life for those that adhere to it. It's a personal choice for those who seek to fill the holes they perceive in their lives. Not everyone has those holes and those people need not be persecuted for not feeling the way you do.

Last edited:

Black Dragon

Staff
Administrator
This thread has veered far from its original purpose, and the question that is asks has been answered. It's time for it to be closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.