• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

A new member seeks input

Zireael

Troubadour
Hello. I am a new member and I joined mostly for the worldbuilding section, but I think the research one might come in handy too. I spent latest 6 months worldbuilding, but I am severely lacking input, in spite of posting on several worldbuilding forums.

Therefore, I hope you will help me with my project.

Thanks in advance
Zi

Sparkie

Auror
Hi, Zi, and welcome!

The World Building and Research forums are really useful, but don't overlook the Brainstorming and Planning section (accessable when you have five posts.) It's helpful when you want in-depth feedback, and I can personally vouch for our community's willingness to aid in conceptualizing. Hope you find what you need here.

Zireael

Troubadour
Thanks.

Two questions:
1) how do I edit my sig? I looked through every option in my profile and can't find it...
2) can I post in self-promotion (the FAQ says 'established members')? Can I post links there if the story isn't 'published' per se, but just available on my site (and some other places, like FictionPress)?

Welcome Zireael, good to have you with us. To edit your sig just click the settings tab at the top of the screen and it should be down the list on the left side (not sure if you need to make 5 posts first though). I'm afraid I'm unfamiliar with the self promotion threads. As the good Sparkie says do check out Brainstorming and Planning, and also Writing Questions can be very intriguing.

Have fun here.

lawrence

Troubadour
Hi and Welcome Zireael :) hope you find this community helpful, I am sure you will! Lots of great input here, and your contribution is welcomed too.

Zireael

Troubadour
How do I get started on Machiavelli: Ambition? I've read all the stickies and the faqs, especially on char generation...

Nightshade

Acolyte
I like that I came here for one thing, help with sentence structure and found cartography which I needed greatly. This is a wonderful place to be with help in every direction :)