• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Almost finished with The Wheel of Time Any suggestions on what I should read next?

Azeroth

Dreamer
I love diving into massive, fleshed out fantasy worlds. Even if the author drones on about the colour of a character's dress for a whole chapter. ;) I also enjoy big battles and complex characters and plot lines.

Any recommendations?

The Inheritance Series, if you haven't already read that. it has a very logically sound world, as well as mystery, but definitely has a great plot as well.

Some others that are pretty good are these:

1. The Narnia Chronicles.

2. The Wingfeather Saga.

3. The Recruits series

4. Harry Potter(if you haven't read that yet)

5. Lord Of the rings, the Hobbit, and the Silmarillion

6. Falling through the creek

7.the death gate series

8. Honestly, the Bible has a pretty great plot line even if you are not a christian

Hope you haven't read all of my suggestions. ; )

Insolent Lad

Maester
E.R. Eddison's Zimiamvia novels (not to mention The Worm Ouroboros) if you want to sample a classic.

Nothing by me. My books are short and fast-paced. ;)

Sanderson's stormlight archive books. They're massive and epic. And if you like wheel of time, he wrote the last 3 (I think) books of it.

Amyrl1n

Hi, I also love the Wheel of Time! I’d recommend The Realm of Elderlings series by Robin Hobb. It’s a string of trilogies that are related but you don’t have to read them all in order to enjoy them separately. If you liked the politics, and character development of WoT, I think you’ll find Hobb right up your alley. Start with Assassins Apprentice (Book 1 of the Farseer Trilogy), and if you don’t like that, try Ship of Magic (Book 1 of The Liveship Traders) because its much more fast paced and exciting. I love the Farseer Trilogy for its slow burn character development but some might find it too slow for their tastes, and The Liveship Traders gets going much more quickly. Both have fantastic worldbuilding and prose.