• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Amazon Review Throttling

A. E. Lowan

Forum Mom
Leadership
So, I heard from one of our readers that Amazon's started sharply limiting the length of book reviews for Kindle copies, while physical copies remain unchanged. In a five-minute search I couldn't dig anything up, but it might help explain why we've had ratings but no reviews for several months. Can anyone confirm?

pmmg

Myth Weaver
Why would amazon care if text is written. Doesnt cost them anything. But… maybe.

Many companies put their thumb on reviews for reasons favorable to them. It would not be the first time amazon was accused.

Demesnedenoir

Myth Weaver
I haven't got a clue. And not sure why it would slow down reviews. And I doubt most reviewers would spend too many words on a review to hit a limit.

I don't see a specific limit, besides a minimum length of 20 characters.

I did recently see a post in a ARC Facebook group that Amazon is acting up against people posting reviews for books they got for free. Which they do by throwing out posts that contain words like free, ARC, review, etc. Knowing Amazon, their bots probably became trigger happy and they swung too far the other way, throwing out anything that remotely looks like the user knows the author or something like that.