• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

And a Blog-Lurker Emerges...

Rinzei

Troubadour
Hello there, everyone! I've been lurking through the blog for a couple months now and decided it was time to take the leap into another community. I'm a bit rusty with online forums, so please bear with me.

I'm Rinzei and I presently live in the United Kingdom, but I was born and raised in Michigan, USA. I moved across two years ago after marrying a British citizen.

I did a lot of writing when I was in high school, but I didn't really have time for it throughout university. Since graduating, I married and moved countries (see above). Bit of a whirlwind of experiences! Now that things have settled down a tad, I've found difficulty in picking up the old ink pen again and I would really love to be writing once more with the same passion I had before.

I think one of my problems has been isolation from like-minded individuals - I haven't really been in a community of other writers since I left high school. So I'm hoping to change that by diving in to the community here at Mythic Scribes.

As for writing, my fantasy tends to be more modern fantasy - either a world similar to our own with fantasy/supernatural tones, or a more fantasy world with some modern advancements. I have a few story plots working around in my head - some are reworks of old plots from when I was writing in high school, and some are more recent NaNoWriMo attempts. I'm hoping at least one of them will evolve into a fully-fleshed story. Just one...please?

...and I have a tendency to ramble at times. Apologies! In short - I'm Rinzei. I want to write again. Hi. :)

Welcome to the Scribes Rinzei. Yes, it was lack of someone to talk to about fantasy writing that led me here *sympathetic nod*, but we're all in the same boat here so do settle in. This place is both friendly and constructive, and hope you get a lot out of it.

Philip Overby

Staff
Article Team
Welcome Rinzei! Some people have had different levels of success with NaNoWriMo. I think it's a good way to get you in the habit of writing, so I applaud if for that. And editing can do wonders to any sort of draft, no matter how problematic. So please feel free to ask any questions or join in discussions. And again, welcome!

Rinzei

Troubadour
Thanks for the welcome! I've found NaNoWriMo was more helpful for thinking of new ideas and brainstorming rather than actual writing, but that's just me. I've come to really like the ideas I came up with - now I just need to work on making the come to life!

Guru Coyote

Archmage
"Now I just need to write them..." Oh do I know that feeling :)

Welcome to MS, we should be able to solve the isolation thing here. There's almost always someone to talk to - I had to draw back a bit actually to get some real writing done :)