• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Anyone have any thoughts or feedback?

pmmg

Myth Weaver
I think its a nice graphic, and likely to stand out. I think the fonts on the top of the page could stand to be larger.

Also, the lines that frame the author name are kind of stepping on it. You want to be more prominent ;)

Strong Work! I took it in to photoshop to mess with it, but upon doing so, the choices you made became more clear. Very strong work!
I would make your byline bigger. Get your name covering the entire width of the cover. I would also shoot for a bolder serif font for the title. The font you have is a bit delicate and makes the title harder to read from a distance. Just my two cents. :)

pmmg

Myth Weaver
I'm pretty sure its AI generated, so...I doubt it really used tree trunks. But...you never know.

Reactions: Ban

pmmg

Myth Weaver
Ah...now that everyone is picking on the legs, I too have to say, I cant unsee it now. The front legs needs some work.

And the bottom dog...his snout is not lined up with its ears and bottom jaw, its like the eyes and nose are in profile, but the body language says it should be more facing me. Sorry.

I am not eager to give opinions on AI, so...Imma stop

Diana Silver

Troubadour
The concept of the image is really awesome. I love the sharp contrast and the misty feel of the forest.

On the nit-picky side: apart from the legs, the entire wolf silhouet looks just a little bit off to me. Its back may be too straight, its nose too pointy. It only stands out because the feel of your image seems to lean towards photo-realism, so then I except a photorealistic wolf. If it were more stylized, I wouldn't even bring it up. Maybe you'd like to take very long look at photographs of real wolves or even go to a zoo to check them out.

Another point: there is a very subtle whisp of what looks like smoke on the upper right corner. I think this could be more pronounced. Now I could easily miss that it's there at all.

Last edited:
Might be an unpopular opinion, but I like the wolf. The stylized silhouette makes the figure sharper. The legs look fine to me. There is a bit at the bottom that could use a little shave, but my illustrator brain loves the shapes.

Diana Silver

Troubadour
The concept of the image is really awesome. I love the sharp contrast and the misty feel of the forest.

On the nit-picky side: apart from the legs, the entire wolf silhouet looks just a little bit off to me. Its back may be too straight, its nose too pointy. It only stands out because the feel of your image seems to lean towards photo-realism, so then I except a photorealistic wolf. If it were more stylized, I wouldn't even bring it up. Maybe you'd like to take very long look at photographs of real wolves or even go to a zoo to check them out.

Another point: there is a very subtle whisp of what looks like smoke on the upper right corner. I think this could be more pronounced. Now I could easily miss that it's there at all.

Ah, shoot, by the way that one line of me about looking at wolves sounds condescenting now I read it back and I just want to add that I really didn't mean it like that. You obviously know what you're about.