1. Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us.

Anyone play the Sims?

Discussion in 'Games' started by WogglebugLove Productions, Jul 31, 2015.

1. Has anyone on here ever played the Sims games as I have. Versions 1, 2, 3, 4 and its spin-off The Sims Medieval. And has anyone ever been inspired to write from playing them as I have been? Especially since each expansion pack brings with it a new supernatural character.

2. NerdyCavegirl

NerdyCavegirl Sage

They inspire me without the expansion packs. I use it to design characters and see how their personality traits affect their daily lives. Not sure how accurate it really is, but it gives me something to consider. xD

3. Lunaairis

Lunaairis Sage

I have 3 and most of its expansions. I really love the sims, as a bit of a lazy day game. I remember reading a test some guy did where they made a homeless family consisting of a father with anger issues and a shy daughter. The person just watched/ recorded what the sims did and it was pretty emotional stuff. I think the traits could be helpful to see how your characters might interact with one another.

4. Nimue

Nimue Auror

I never played Sims 1, but I had like all of the expansions for Sims 2 and 3, and I loved Medieval, that was a serious time-waster and exactly what I was looking for--it's a shame they didn't add more content to it. Though I think I've put the most amount of time into Sims 4 already, it's a great game--but not as good a simulator as Sims 3, probably because of the decrease in realism and the lack of content yet. As an example of what I mean by that... A while ago, I was on another forum and posted an elaborate 1920's-themed murder-mystery staged in Sims 3 using avatars of forum regulars:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I'm 90% an interior design junkie when I play...there are a lot more rooms to that mansion. Pretty sure sign that I had way too much time on my hands in college.

5. Metanoiac

Metanoiac Dreamer

I use Sims 3 to lay waste to entire days, when I need a brain-break. I never considered using them for character study. Lately I create entire households of evil characters and then watch them hate on each other while I build weird or grand mansions around them.

6. themomodbot

themomodbot Acolyte

I don't play the Sims anymore. I bought it just for my little sister to play. She really loves to design the characters, and didn't pay too much attention to gameplay. Lol