• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Avoiding Jedi

Mindfire

Istar
Well, which is it? Did they defeat the Empire or did they simply kill a few Stormtroopers and destroy some of their equipment?

Can you show me the scene where an ewok is flying the Millennium Falcon and not Lando?
Being pedantic won't make your stance any less hypocritical.

Legendary Sidekick

The HAM'ster
Got a powerful, awe-inspiring mystical energy that binds the universe together? Explain that it's really a web created by microscopic symbiotes! Yeah, that's a great idea!
That IS a great idea. I'm going to create a world in which magic is a gift from nano-goddesses known as "Nose Pixies." They fly up your nose, if you're so fortunate (and trim nose hairs, and clean thoroughly, but without picking or snot-rocketing), and use you as a vessel for exacting justice, but in return giving you the power to do things like heal, do flip jumps while giving a midget a piggyback ride, or make a one-in-million shot with your eyes closed.

Oh, uh… we're on-topic because, uh… we're demonstrating how we use existing ideas as inspiration and that a line exists between inspiration and rip-off. (A line which was crossed, in my purely analytical example, at the midget piggyback ride.) Yup. Totally analytical. That's what I'm telling myself.

Reaver

Staff
For the sake of peace, I'll refrain from commenting further on which trilogy is superior.

Reaver

Staff
That IS a great idea. I'm going to create a world in which magic is a gift from nano-goddesses known as "Nose Pixies." They fly up your nose, if you're so fortunate (and trim nose hairs, and clean thoroughly, but without picking or snot-rocketing), and use you as a vessel for exacting justice, but in return giving you the power to do things like heal, do flip jumps while giving a midget a piggyback ride, or make a one-in-million shot with your eyes closed.

Oh, uh… we're on-topic because, uh… we're demonstrating how we use existing ideas as inspiration and that a line exists between inspiration and rip-off. (A line which was crossed, in my purely analytical example, at the midget piggyback ride.) Yup. Totally analytical. That's what I'm telling myself.

Nose pixies. I think Lucas put those in the Special Edition 2.0 Blu Ray.

For which I am thankful. God I hate midichlorians. Way to ruin the awesome mystery of the Force, George Lucas! Got a powerful, awe-inspiring mystical energy that binds the universe together? Explain that it's really a web created by microscopic symbiotes! Yeah, that's a great idea!

2e9fa9ba8c9592338a261a227ad7b9c5400e2f2fe75f6cb80df2c73cd07805af.jpg

I never new why some people thought that Midis were now The Force, their an antenna at most.

Legendary Sidekick

The HAM'ster
For the sake of peace, I'll refrain from commenting further on which trilogy is superior.

Mesa thinks the choice is obvi-OBVI-OBVIAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!

*slips on banana peel and knocks over a pyramid made of electronic bowling balls which tumble downhill and annihilate an army of Trade Federation droids*

Mindfire

Istar

It's not a matter of "superior". I just accept the canon films and shows as a complete, thoroughly entertaining whole. And you don't. :p

Reaver

Staff
It's not a matter of "superior". I just accept the canon films and shows as a complete, thoroughly entertaining whole. And you don't. :p

That's the truth.

I'd rather watch the following video non-stop with my eyes glued open and my head immobilized with electrodes strapped to my man parts than the prequels.

This has more entertainment value.

Last edited by a moderator: