• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Ban's art extravaganza bonanza!

Ban

Troglodytic Trouvère
Article Team
Thank you Blondie! While I'm at it I might as well upload the last three works I had uploaded to Instagram before my scanner was so incredibly rude to stop functioning. Well, at least I have a backlog for when I get around to having it fixed.

BarbarParty.jpg
RedRequiem.jpg
CannedOrgans.jpg

Riva

Minstrel
Hey Ban, just discovered this thread of yours. Really nice drawings, they've got that lysergic feeling going on. I really enjoy the touch of red in the second last, maybe you might consider adding more colour in your next pieces? Might turn out to be nice, got to experiment around.

Reactions: Ban

Ban

Troglodytic Trouvère
Article Team
Ban, you are Albrecht Durer and Terry Gilliam's deeply disturbed love child.

Great stuff.

Haha, it was a strange family to grow up in.

Thank you for the compliments, I appreciate them a lot and they always get me energized to make and share more work. I've built up a backlog since October, and I think it's about time I get to putting it online.

WhaleSongPunk.jpg
GalleryCamp.jpg

This second one is a bit of a departure from the others, in the sense that it is a lot more tame in composition. I don't think that's a direction I will often return to, but it made for a fun one-off to draw.

Last edited:

Ban

Troglodytic Trouvère
Article Team
Hello folks, I've got another batch and a question. Do any of you happen to know a good platform for these? I have no idea how to get the hang of Instagram and Pinterest, and I think my stuff might simply not be the right fit. Art Station perhaps?

SalmonCityBlues.jpg Dame'sMind.jpg

Almyrigan Hero

Minstrel
I suppose the name always threw me off, but I'll make sure to take a look, thanks Prince!

I know, right? I don't post anything at all NSFW, yet it took me years of building up courage and confidence before I was ready to show any real-life friends or family my "DeviantArt" page. I wish they'd have just taken the opportunity to rename it "Eclipse Art" or something like that during the big site overhaul, but alas, I guess being embarrassed is just part of the intended experience.

As for your art - and call me crazy - but I think you could make some great adult coloring books with that style. It reminds me of a lot of some childhood picture activity books, with just enough of an avant-garde edge to appeal to a more mature crowd, but also without being too far over the top or offensive for marketing.

Ban

Troglodytic Trouvère
Article Team
Thank you Almyrigan Hero, I've been suggested making adult colouring books before. I'm still unsure on how to approach such a project when it comes to format and publishing, but I am planning to make something of that sort in the future.

Christina

Acolyte
These are super interesting, Ban! The intricacies, details, and storytelling...I want to unsolve the puzzle of the story you're trying to convey, but at the same time, the style is therapeutic in a "Where's Waldo" kind of way, haha.