• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Ban's art extravaganza bonanza!

Ban

Troglodytic Trouvère
Article Team
I'm digging it. :)

I don't know enough about art to really say anything constructive, but I know I like it.

I don't know much about art either, but I still claim my stuff to qualify as art :p

I'm glad to hear you like it!

Ban

Troglodytic Trouvère
Article Team
Quite. Just keep saying it until people start repeating it ;)

Please tell me that that is a picture of goddamn Noah's Ark spitting out monsters. That would be the greatest thing I've ever seen.

Also I dig the ink. I've never been able to draw with a pen.

Reactions: Ban

Ban

Troglodytic Trouvère
Article Team
Please tell me that that is a picture of goddamn Noah's Ark spitting out monsters. That would be the greatest thing I've ever seen.

Also I dig the ink. I've never been able to draw with a pen.

It's a picture of Noah's Ark spitting out monsters ;)

These look really cool, I love how all of them have a focal point that draws the eye in but even as you look towards the less pronounced parts of it there is still something going on at every point.

Ban

Troglodytic Trouvère
Article Team
Thank you Denis!

I do indeed try to create a focal point in each of these drawings to bind the piece together. You've got a keen eye :)

Black Dragon

Staff
Administrator
Very cool artwork, Ban! Some of your pieces are reminiscent of the engravings of Pieter Bruegel. Are you familiar with his work?

Reactions: Ban

Ban

Troglodytic Trouvère
Article Team
Thank you Reaver and Dragon, that's very high praise :)

Pieter Bruegel still enjoys a good amount of popularity here in the Netherlands. I remember back in highschool being shown his "Netherlandish Proverbs" in my art, history and Dutch classes. I certainly didn't mind. His and Hieronymus Bosch's works remain fun to study even at a hundredth look.