• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Bjza 100: Introduction and Overview

bjza

Dreamer
Hi there!

I'm a web developer, educator, and songwriter from Indiana. Recent months have provided me with free time - quite unnaturally - and sitting in the back of the tour van at length has left me suffering from a writing itch.

I thought studying English education and literature as an undergraduate had bled that impulse out of me. For years I found it difficult to read fiction aside from the abstract or absurd in the vein of Donald Barthelme or Flann O'Brien. Anything more transparent put me in a critical mood which is less helpful to enjoyment than it is to writing term papers. But something about touring with a dog-eared copy of Moorcock, Lieber, Vance, or C. L. Moore seems natural. I enjoy high fantasy, but its weird or sword and sorcery stories that have inspired me to take up writing again.

In one of these itchy moods, I unearthed notes for a world I'd created and in which I once intended to set a novel years ago. Instantly I realized I had planned to write in completely the wrong age of that world. Story possibilities leaped to mind, and I've been hard at work on the first.

Based on the public forums, this seems like a good group, full of positivity and possibility. I can't wait to share.

My Twitter / Blog