• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Belated introduction

Genly

Minstrel
Hi all,
I've been posting a little on this site, so I figured that I really should introduce myself. I've published a little non-fiction and currently have a non-fiction book contract, so I'm working on that. In my spare time, I'm trying to write some fiction as well. This looks like a very interesting group and I'm keen to interact (and to learn, of course!).
Regards, Genly.

Joe McM

Minstrel
Hi all,
I've been posting a little on this site, so I figured that I really should introduce myself. I've published a little non-fiction and currently have a non-fiction book contract, so I'm working on that. In my spare time, I'm trying to write some fiction as well. This looks like a very interesting group and I'm keen to interact (and to learn, of course!).
Regards, Genly.
Greetings Genly,

Nice to meet you, so to speak. I joined this site today.

Genly

Minstrel
I'm writing a book on the nearest extrasolar planets, both real ones discovered by astronomers and imaginary ones described by science fiction writers.

Ned Marcus

Maester
I'm writing a book on the nearest extrasolar planets, both real ones discovered by astronomers and imaginary ones described by science fiction writers.
That's interesting. How much is known about the nearest extrasolar planets?

Genly

Minstrel
What is known varies a lot from planet to planet. Sometimes almost nothing is really known except orbital parameters, minimum mass and minimum temperature. Numerical simulation is often used to fill in the gaps in our current knowledge, but that still leaves a lot of room for speculation. The comparisons between the real planets of a stellar system and the ones dreamed up by science fiction writers that are supposed to inhabit the same system are sometimes quirky, often thought-provoking. Lots of room for discussion.

Genly

Minstrel
Also, I've put a short excerpt of my fantasy novel in Critique Requests. It would be great if you could find the time to give some feedback (happy to return the favor at some time, of course!).

Gallio

Minstrel
Hi all,
Regards, Genly.
Ai like your choice of username. :)