• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Belated Intro

rockman

Acolyte
Sorry it took so long to introduce myself, I completely forgot when I signed up, then a whole host of problems was dropped in my lap, the biggest one of course was having to save Skyrim from the dragons.

Anyway I was looking around the forum and this is definitely what I need to get into fantasy writing, so hopefully I can learn a lot from all of you.

Chilari

Staff
Oh yeah, Skyrim. I'd forgotten about that. Been so wrapped up in starting a job and working on an article about ancient Corinth I forgot about Skyrim. Thanks for reminding me. I don't even know how I could forget, it wasn't that long ago I was playing it 5+ hours a day. A month ago? Three weeks? What is wrong with me? (And I really did forget; I literally just updated my profile on here - it still had my job as student, which I haven't been since September - and included some of my favourite games, and I just didn't even think of Skyrim.)

So Rockman, welcome to the forum, and doubly welcome for reminding me about Skyrim. This forum is great for learning more about fantasy writing, and I'm not just saying that because I'm a moderator and thus represent the forum - I've not even been a mod for a week yet. But I've been here for a year and I have learnt so much about so many different things - worldbuilding, publishing, approaches to writing charcters, etc. I'm sure you'll some really interesting discussion, and I look forward to seeing you contribute.

Reaver

Staff
Welcome to Mythic Scribes, rockman! There's only one dragon around these parts that I'm aware of. Goes by the name of Black Dragon. He's wise, powerful and fair but one should remember that he's still a dragon and it's best to stay in his good graces. Apart from that, I think you'll find that this is a very cool website with a lot of very smart, exceptionally nice people who have helped me tremendously in many ways.