• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Challenges subforum

LMAO! I'm still trying to find a way to your last challenge Phil LOL I think my brain went on vacation at some point and I didn't get the memo x.x!

Ravana

Istar
Some of the stuff I'm writing is more like a "scene" than actual flash fiction. … I believe others are doing the same sort of thing.

Right–what I intended from the name was to invoke the idea of writing a short piece, not necessarily writing "quickly." (I'd also point out that I had only intended it for that particular thread. Other challenges don't need to observe the same limit–though it's never bad exercise, especially if you're writing with an eye toward magazine publication.) I'll continue stating the "rules" for any thread I begin; others should feel free to issue their own challenges.

Last edited by a moderator:

Philip Overby

Staff
Article Team
I have a possible suggestion for the Challenge forum. I think there are lots of fun exercises and such that have been posted there, but perhaps it's getting buried in the Showcase forum. Is there a way to make the Challenge forum a sub-forum of Games instead? I think it would get more traffic there. Just a thought! Thanks!

Ravana

Istar
Hmm… thought, but I'm not sure it would accomplish the goal. I imagine most people who go to the "Games" forum do so to talk about games, not to find places to write. Perhaps elevating it to full forum status under "Fantasy Writing," so that it shows up next to the "Showcase" rather than being included in it?

Last edited by a moderator:

Black Dragon

Staff
Administrator
I have a possible suggestion for the Challenge forum. I think there are lots of fun exercises and such that have been posted there, but perhaps it's getting buried in the Showcase forum. Is there a way to make the Challenge forum a sub-forum of Games instead? I think it would get more traffic there. Just a thought! Thanks!

Actually, at this stage of our development it may be even better to make Challenges a top-level forum of its own.

What does everyone think about that?

Ravana

Istar
I'm good either way.

EDIT: Just realized we were proposing the same thing at the same time, BD—so don't be confused by the "either way" reference.

Last edited:

Ravana

Istar
Guess that makes it time for me to think up another challenge… haven't done one in a while. Let's see, now.…