• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Complex Pre-Columbian Societies and the Transformation of the New World

Justme

Banned
What I bemoan is the loss of information. I have the same sorrows for what was lost during the dark ages, as well as degradation of scientific thought by the clergy. It seems that when man dose leap foreword that theirhave always been a barrier to his advancement, powered by fear and the word so overused it rips at the mind, tradition.

How far would mankind be if the Renascence period directly followed the declining years of The Roman Empire. What would the world be If the Library of Alexandra stood today and the Crusades had not have occurred. These things haunt my mind every time I ponder the past and see all the wrongness that has enveloped the world.

You know that might very well give someone an idea for a story. What would happen if there were a suppository of wisdom and knowledge, that copied and codexed all the forms of knowledge, that care-took all those bits of inspiration mankind has had and released them whenever such things could do the most good. Would it be thought of, in the intellectual community as evil, for withholding some bits of inspiration or would it be good to await when time time was right, so that society could except certain knowledge.

It just seems that some fields of thought have been much maligned, because of cultural, philosophical and religious differences. Would it be such a bad thing to have a little bit of reality shaped like the confines of web sites like these. Just a little part, sanctioned and supported by the world body that allowed free reign to develop non destructive, meaning not applicable to warfare, fields of research.

Would it also not give inspiration to some author, if by chance there was a body set up and some unknown force came and stole some artifact that had been found and improved upon.

Sorry for drifting. I have a vivid imagination and love to ponder all things. Have a good day, now and thank you.

Sheilawisz

Queen of Titania
Carl Sagan had thoughts about this very similar to yours, Justme... He wrote about this in his very famous book Cosmos, and his opinion was that if the Library of Alexandria had not been destroyed and all that wisdom and knowledge lost, perhaps we would already be travelling across the galaxy with our Starships =)