• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Does drinking improve your writing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Devor

Fiery Keeper of the Hat
See, now this is the part of love. Thank you for reminding me about that particular aspect of drug use. I despise the "victimhood" of it all. If you're going to use drugs then "man up" and understand what they might do to you. It's the same with every serious subject from rape, to death, essentially. People always make such a big deal about it. Shoosh, be quiet. Don't talk about dying...Susies mother died 10 years ago!
In this case it's "Shoosh, Xanados, don't talk about drugs. Person X had an awful experience with drugs."

Err, victimhood? You attack people by calling them lazy, brain-dead, saying that they need an outside source to understand the world, and more - then you deny that you're even saying something offensive - and now I call you out on your jackarsery, and I'm in fact playing some kind of "victim" card?

Just, stop. Apologize or move on to another thread.

Xanados

Maester
Err, victimhood? You attack people by calling them lazy, brain-dead, saying that they need an outside source to understand the world, and more - then you deny that you're even saying something offensive - and now I call you out on your jackarsery, and I'm in fact playing some kind of "victim" card?

Just, stop. Apologize or move on to another thread.

I'm prepared to accept that you do not understand my statement. I am going to proceed with this conversation as cold and clinically as possible so that you fully understand: you are wrong. Read my post again. That is notwhat I am saying at all.

You cannot seem to accept the fact that what I am saying is, well, fact, can you? People have a big problem these days with over-victimization of things. In this case you are saying that "You're making it tense because somone might have had a bad experience." So what? I'm allowed to voice my own opinion. In my post that you qouted, I was merley explaining that to you.

Last edited:

Devor

Fiery Keeper of the Hat
I'm prepared to accept that you do not understand my statment. I am going to proceed with this conversation as cold and clinically as possible so that you full understand: you are wrong. Read my post again. That is notwhat I am saying at all.

Can't you accept the fact that what I am saying is, well, fact? People have a big problem these days with over-victimization of things. In this case you are saying that "You're making it tense because somone might have had a bad experience." So what? I'm allowed to voice my own opinion. In that post that you qouted, I was merley explaining that to you.

I really didn't want to reply again. But you're wrong. I didn't say that they had a bad experience. Actually I was quite clearly implying the opposite. I was suggesting that they had a positive experience, but you were still calling them brain damaged. That would be why your remarks are just you being mean.

Xanados

Maester
I really didn't want to reply again. But you're wrong. I didn't say that they had a bad experience. Actually I was quite clearly implying the opposite. I was suggesting that they had a positive experience, but you were still calling them brain damaged. That would be why your remarks are just you being mean.

"You were already making it extremely tense for everyone else, especially those who might have experiences with the subject."

You have no idea how much ambiguity plagues that particular sentence, Devor. The fact that in the first clause you use certain words like "tense", makes one think that the phrase "might have experiences" is meant to be used in a negative way, leading me to believe you were talking about people who have had bad experiences.

I hope that you can appreciate that I'm not just spouting off insults at you. Far from it. I'm prepared to dissect what we are both saying in an orderly manner.

I'm prepared to accept that you do not understand my statment. I am going to proceed with this conversation as cold and clinically as possible so that you full understand: you are wrong. Read my post again. That is notwhat I am saying at all.

Can't you accept the fact that what I am saying is, well, fact? People have a big problem these days with over-victimization of things. In this case you are saying that "You're making it tense because somone might have had a bad experience." So what? I'm allowed to voice my own opinion. In that post that you qouted, I was merley explaining that to you.

We got it you don't like people who use.
Not an issue, but never ever assume you understand something as debased, as gut wrenching, as horriable as being raped.
Have you a clue how an event like that can effect a human being? Have you ever been a 14 year old girl who was raped by someone that was suposed to be trustworthy? Have you ever subjected yourself to Police interviews, and physical examinations by total strangers all trying to prove or disprove what you are telling them happened?
Have you ever had someone cat call, prank call, egg your mothers car all because you spoke up aginst a leader of the community?
Have you ever had nightmares so bad that you could not sleep unless heavily medicated? and even then the dreams were so intense that it caused you a "full grown" person to wet the bed?
I think not, If you had you would never ever say something so outof hand, so flippiant, so wrong.

Call me and say that when someone three times your size bends you over and takes what they want. No matter what you say.
Tell me we play the victim card by asking that you refrain from speaking of matter that you could not possiably fathom in your worst of nightmares.

Do you know that lingers, not for days, or weeks, or even years but for a lifetime. The memories of the event/s always just under the surface ready to burst forth with out notice, triggered by a sound, smell, or gesture.
Please stop.

Xanados

Maester
We got it you don't like people who use.
Not an issue, but never ever assume you understand something as debased, as gut wrenching, as horriable as being raped.
Have you a clue how an event like that can effect a human being? Have you ever been a 14 year old girl who was raped by someone that was suposed to be trustworthy? Have you ever subjected yourself to Police interviews, and physical examinations by total strangers all trying to prove or disprove what you are telling them happened?
Have you ever had someone cat call, prank call, egg your mothers car all because you spoke up aginst a leader of the community?
Have you ever had nightmares so bad that you could not sleep unless heavily medicated? and even then the dreams were so intense that it caused you a "full grown" person to wet the bed?
I think not, If you had you would never ever say something so outof hand, so flippiant, so wrong.

Call me and say that when someone three times your size bends you over and takes what they want. No matter what you say.
Tell me we play the victim card by asking that you refrain from speaking of matter that you could not possiably fathom in your worst of nightmares.

Do you know that lingers, not for days, or weeks, or even years but for a lifetime. The memories of the event/s always just under the surface ready to burst forth with out notice, triggered by a sound, smell, or gesture.
Please stop.

I stopped quite a while ago. I'm not talking about you. I'm talking about a particular sentence that Devor had been using. That is all. I suspect that the mods will favour you in this arguement because of your story now, and give me some sort of infraction for doing nothing but state true facts? (My point was that people do play the victim card for attention, even when some cases may not be as bad as yours.) Good night.

Devor

Fiery Keeper of the Hat
You have no idea how much ambiguity plagues that particular sentence, Devor.

Enough for me to wonder why you think I'm playing some kind of "victim" card.

I also had said you were insulting people. That can make things pretty tense, too.

Xanados

Maester
Enough for me to wonder why you think I'm playing some kind of "victim" card.

I also had said you were insulting people. That can make things pretty tense, too.
I have JUST explained why I THOUGHT you were. I am NO LONGER arguing with you. I just gave you a technical answer in my post above. ENOUGH.

myrddin173

Maester
When it gets to the point where people are arguing about whether they are arguing it has gone to far. The original topic may continue to be discussed, without a resurgence of this... disagreement, in a different thread.

I am now locking this thread.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.