• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Elori!

...which is hello in my invented language (because like everyone else on this forum, I am a nerd like that :D).

Just another fantasy reader and aspiring writer checking into the forums. Though I guess I see myself as more of a specfic writer in general, I am too lazy to do research, so my sci fi is very soft and my historical fiction is...well, not-so-historical. ;) *sigh* Fantasy is so much easier...other genres call them plot devices, we call them magic. XD (Come on, you know it's just a little bit true! :p )

Looking forward to interacting more with y'all in the forum! :D

(Okay, so I didn't really invent a language. But it's on my to do list...)

fleamailman

Closed Account
("...and I am just as you see me now..." replied the goblin now, never really sure what was wanted of him if anything at all was wanted of him at all that is, still, the morning's rain had poured its dreary way till the goblin had just had enough of it seeking escape on forumland instead, saying "...ah, that's better, you'll stay for tea won't you, I'd like that and we do so lavish attention on those we do not know of as yet...", whereupon the goblin dipped his hand into his pocket and pulled and a red carpet unraveling it before Ice Spider, saying "...there, can't say we ever skimp on ceremony can you, where no doubt the others here will welcome you in a more normal fashion...", but who ever wanted to be some drab normal now, where all that it was anyway, all that it would ever be too, were mere words upon one's screen, as the goblin moved on in passing words "...we go to our graves here mortal, writers from the beginning of the storytelling have always dealt in virtual reality, just they called it fiction I believe...", somehow the red carpet looked inviting though, but how would Ice Spider thread upon it now)

Last edited:
"Okay, so I didn't really invent a language. But it's on my to do list..."
All the best with that man. I have enough trouble with the languages I do know. :p
Welcome to the space,
~BL~

L

Larion

Sup, Ice. I'm new to these forums too. Looking forward to see what you got in store :D

Taytortots

Minstrel
Hey, Welcome to the forum!
Yes, I, like you, am a total nerd, but I use dork more often.
Good luck with invented the language. Oi, I'm doing that right now and it's hard work.

Thanks for the welcomes, everyone!

("...and I am just as you see me now..." replied the goblin now, never really sure what was wanted of him if anything at all was wanted of him at all that is, still, the morning's rain had poured its dreary way till the goblin had just had enough of it seeking escape on forumland instead, saying "...ah, that's better, you'll stay for tea won't you, I'd like that and we do so lavish attention on those we do not know of as yet...", whereupon the goblin dipped his hand into his pocket and pulled and a red carpet unraveling it before Ice Spider, saying "...there, can't say we ever skimp on ceremony can you, where no doubt the others here will welcome you in a more normal fashion...", but who ever wanted to be some drab normal now, where all that it was anyway, all that it would ever be too, were mere words upon one's screen, as the goblin moved on in passing words "...we go to our graves here mortal, writers from the beginning of the storytelling have always dealt in virtual reality, just they called it fiction I believe...", somehow the red carpet looked inviting though, but how would Ice Spider thread upon it now)

Haha, I read that at first and was like "is he making fun of my writing style?" Then I read some of your other posts. Love the persona...really original idea, as is fitting for a fantasy author. ;)

"Okay, so I didn't really invent a language. But it's on my to do list..."
All the best with that man. I have enough trouble with the languages I do know. :p
Welcome to the space,
~BL~

Lol, I'm the same way. Foreign languages were a bit of a struggle for me, though I was top of my class at English. I really don't know why I love inventing languages so much...I'm a masochist I guess. :p

Welcome to Mythic Scribes.

I'm not a nerd, I am a geek. I know some of us invent languages, I'm just not one of them.
Hey, Welcome to the forum!
Yes, I, like you, am a total nerd, but I use dork more often.
Good luck with invented the language. Oi, I'm doing that right now and it's hard work.

Thanks guys! Always great to meet another conlanger, Taytortots! :D

I use "dork" a lot too. What are you guyses' definitions of geek, dork, and nerd anyway? I see them all as terms of self-endearment used by people who like "weird" and "useless" academic/artistic/theoretical things and use them interchangeably, but some people give them different meanings and see one or more of them as an insult. Anyway, I don't want to offend someone by using the words in a way that bothers them. : )

Hi, can I call you Icey. Welcome to the forum, and well done for actually coming up with a language.

You sure can. ;) Well, I haven't exactly come up with it totally, I keep tinkering with it. It's more of a guilty pleasure than anything else. Real conlangers would probably rip it to shreds. But the writing system's evolved from an alphabet I made up in elementary school (I'm 22 in a week). It's been my cipher for writing down secrets I don't want others to read. See! We nerds/geeks/dorks do have some practical interests!

Sup, Ice. I'm new to these forums too. Looking forward to see what you got in store :D

Ooh, Ice, I like that nickname too! I look forward to showing you! : )

fleamailman

Closed Account
the goblin rewelcomed Ice spider once more to a seemingly normal site with average members, perhaps guessing that somehow he too had realized that something was amiss here, that they were, all to a man, KGB agents just practicing to be humdrum housewives, "...yes, your asking yourself how in your heart you knew this all along, that is how, when comrade admin appealed to his fellow proletariat members to rally up against the constraints of capitalism, you couldn't buy into the hidden bolshevik ideology here..." said the goblin pausing for the exact words again, he continued "...no, like me, you didn't fall for it because their deception was in its way just too perfect to be real so it had to false then...", "...brilliant holmes..." came the voice in the background as the goblin's three pipe solution was once more pressed into his pipe "...elementary my dear fellow, no one can post on this mythicscribes longer than three weeks without going mad, and the rest was just a simple deduction from there then...", somehow the solution smoldered away in the goblin's mind now

65933577_holmes04xk1.jpg

Last edited: